“Well worth seeking out!”
Review of Kings Arms

Kings Arms
Ranked #104 of 417 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stumbled across this lovely pub by accident whilst out for a drive on my own. Decided to have lunch here. It's a lovely cosy pub with a warm atmosphere. I ate in the bright conservatory section, and had a lovely steak baguette with homemade chips. Great quality, very tasty, friendly staff and reasonable prices. It also has a lovely beer garden and lots of nice walks around the vicinity. Sunday lunch looked to be very good value, so no doubt I will return with my husband to give that a try.

There are newer reviews for Kings Arms

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had been recommended to go here for a long time & last minute we came for lunch, when we first walked in we were pretty unsure! However the staff were so friendly & made us feel so welcome we stayed & ordered steak & a burger. All I can say us wow! It was amazing everything was home made good quality & good price. Can't wait to come back.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

i have eaten here many times before and i knew my partner would love a gathering with his friends for his birthday, in all there was 13 of us all having meals the staff were really helpful and very welcoming two of my friends ordered a steak and they say it was the best they had in a long time ,as we were leaving i overheard that there was only one chef on and i couldnt believe how they managed to cook all our meals and others in the pub we will definatly be returning in the future the food was faultless.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I love the atmosphere in this pub and have been going for years . Lovely open fires and gas lights lots of history . Shame you can no longer eat in the bar though . The food used to be excellent quality .although still good food I think standards have slipped slightly and it's a little pricey for a lunch time visit. Recommend you visit however just for the atmosphere

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Set at the top of Heath Common this pub is full of charm. Dating back to the 17th Century the stone pub is a maze of separate small, cosy rooms many with open coal fires and large modern conservatory area on the back. A large dinning room which has plenty of space and a couple of smaller private dining rooms which are great for more intimate celebration meals. The food is consistently good with a great range to choose from and for those ale lovers you will not be disappointed.

This is the sort of pub that you only want to come to by foot, or by taxi (or with something else driving!!!) …in fact my perfect Sunday would involved eating here, settling down in front of one of the open fires with a good bottle of red wine, a cheese board and a pile of Sunday papers.