“Exceptional!”

Amala Thai
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Proudly traditional, distinctly modern fine Thai cuisine restaurant in the heart of Wakefield centre, West Yorkshire, UK. Eating at Amala Thai restaurant is a journey into Thai/South Pacific dining with dishes that are designed to be shared. Our values of cooking with passion, shaped by time and mood, prepared with respect and appreciation for purity of ingredients; as well as their freshness and seasonality to reflect our passion for honest, pure, flavoursome food.
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Having had my birthday meal here on Tuesday, we knew we had to return ASAP whilst my partner and I were both off work. The food is fresh, cooked to order and the attention to detail in the execution is very much on point. Returned Thursday yes two days later and ordered off the lunch menu, again fantastic fresh authentic Thai cuisine with front of house service to rival Michelin star'd restaurants. Will come again for definite as soon as we have the time. Family commitments.

1  Thank adamver
AmalaThai, Owner at Amala Thai, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your recent visit to Amala Thai. We are pleased you enjoyed our offering of a personalised yet relaxed & informal Thai dining experience. Most of the recipes are based on the method used in southern Thailand. We are also pleased you commented upon the friendly welcome you received. We try to ensure at all times that our customers receive a welcome and service that we ourselves would hope to receive in a restaurant in Thailand.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Amala Thai.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Always keen to try a new Thai restaurant we went ourselves then went back and took friends. The owner is very friendly and welcoming and is happy to make adjustments to the menu suit and offers advice and suggestions. The food and service are both excellent. I don't understand the criticisms of the decor, which is bright and clearly newly done. It was very quiet on both occasions, which is probably because it's off the main street. It would be a really shame if it were suffer because of lack of business and I would encourage anyone who likes Thai food to give it a try.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visited this Thai Restaurant in Wakefield last Saturday. I have to say this is the best Thai Food I've ever tasted. The price was very reasonable and the service very attentive. Highly Recommend!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Best customer service we have experienced! Accompanied with excellent food, cooked to perfection. Will definately return and recommend!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I never thought I'd have a Thai meal I didn't like but Amala Thai have managed it! The Tom Yam soup was good, however my husband ordered fish cakes and was presented with a paltry dish of just two cakes. Both his green and my Penang curry were almost tasteless with none of the fragrance or depth of flavour that I love about Thai food.
It's not cheap either so if you're looking for authentic Thai food I'd be steering you towards Thai on the Square or take a trip to Leeds for Thai Edge or Thai Cottage.
Lovely waitress but this place lacks oomph. Come on Wakefield, you can do better than this!