“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grill! Primal Kitchen - CLOSED

Grill! Primal Kitchen
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Olive & Meze Website Olive & Meze is a new restaurant to the Wakefield area. It is independently owned and operated by Zafer Firinci our Head Chef. Zafer has over 20 years experience in the restaurant industry having previously owned and operated 2 restaurants in Turkey and 1 in Wetherby in the UK. Zafer and his team strongly believe in providing excellent quality food at a great price with fast, friendly efficient service. We hope you will join us to sample the Turkish Delights of Olive & Meze.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Ate here last Saturday with my son and daughter in law! Had booked for 8.30, table not ready but an excellent warm welcome! We were soon shown to our table, offered menus and drinks. The food was amazing! The steaks were brilliant, the only alarming thing was when my husband who had ordered the stroganoff was asked how he would like it cooking! What we didn't appreciate was the stroganoff was actually a piece of the most succulent steak cooked and served in a stroganoff sauce! We were so full we couldn't manage a dessert! The only hic cup was the problems the restaurant was having with its card machine, all cards were being declined, however we had cash but for some that may have caused problems! The bill for 4 starters, 2 steaks and one stroganoff and a mixed grill, 3 bottles of wine and 4 beers came to £142! Fantastic value - will be back.

2 Thank Hils77

Wakefield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's what it is. Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Not sure how many times we have been here now, but it is one of the best restaurants in town. I have seen some reviews on here with regards to customers being disappointed in their meal or the service; I can honestly say I have not experienced this. The food is always fresh; the chef will go out of his way to adjust the menu to suit you better. Some restaurants have a vast menu, which would indicate that it might be pre-prepared. The menu at the Grill may not be extensive but there is always something for everyone, plus a hand full on the specials board. The staff are very friendly and know what they are cooking. Try it you will not be disappointed

1 Thank chrisjevs
wakefield
“excellent place shocked by recent reviews.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I went here when it first opened 2 years ago and returned this week with 2 friends. The food is amazing and reasonable (considering you get 2 side orders with your main included) for the amazing quality of the food.

my friend is quite picky but the waitress was lovely and very helpful. She knew the menu inside out, which really helped.

we picked a few meze dishes for starters including dips, dolmades, olives and a few more. We ordered separate main meals. I had lamb kleftico and was more than happy with it. It came as described on the menu with roast potatoes and a salad. We didn't have room for dessert but there was a good selection.

When I decided to add a review of this restaurant I was shocked that people have been unhappy recently. I really don't get why. Food is clearly described and cheaper than recent reviews have advised, its excellent quality and the option to byo. I don't know what more people could ask.

Being a single parent I don't get out much but I know all 3 of us will be back and have booked our Christmas night out in December. It is a great place.

2 Thank millie t
“Great as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is great. I try to go at least once a month. Have tried other 'cypriot' restaurants in the area and they are not a patch on this one.

The food is great with good portions. I also like that a very good table salad and a side dish is included in the price. Makes it very reasonable. Especially during the week when they have offers on.

I also like the option to bring your own. My husband is very particular about what wine he drinks. For £3.50 he can take his favourite with him. Saves quite a bit of money.

The staff couldn't be friendlier and always happy to help in anyway they can. as are the kitchen staff. They make everything order and are always to accomodate any special requests. The chef even comes out and has a chat with you if you are having difficulty deciding.

Grill 31 will remain one of my regular haunts.

2 Thank jgray82
Leeds & Germany
“Small but perfectly formed....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

... and that's just the waitress.

Returned here after a longish gap but still really impressed although the menu has changed beyond description. Grill 31 is more Greco-Cypriot taverna rather than Yorkshire steak house these days but the quality of the food, the portion sizes, the ambience and the fairness regarding BYOB and corkage is still way up there with the best I've ever experienced.
David is flexibility personified when it comes to tweaking dishes, menus, orders etc.

It is very small but the atmosphere is cosy and intimate. Will be returning as often as possible whenever I'm in the area.

Thanks to David and the team for an excellent Saturday evening dinner for six recently.

1 Thank theoriginalsid