“Good food & atmosphere”

Grill! Primal Kitchen
Cuisines: Barbecue, Greek, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Olive & Meze Website Olive & Meze is a new restaurant to the Wakefield area. It is independently owned and operated by Zafer Firinci our Head Chef. Zafer has over 20 years experience in the restaurant industry having previously owned and operated 2 restaurants in Turkey and 1 in Wetherby in the UK. Zafer and his team strongly believe in providing excellent quality food at a great price with fast, friendly efficient service. We hope you will join us to sample the Turkish Delights of Olive & Meze.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Looks nothing special from the outside but the food and friendly service are second to none. Family run and that means that they care about the food they serve and that their customers have a good time.
Was my first visit but had been told about the place by a friend so we headed off expecting great things and we were not disappointed. Booked a table but had no need to (got there at 6:30 on a Thursday evening and if was empty) although it did start filling up by the time we left. Needed the menu explaining to me (having never been to Greece before) but there was no problem with this and I decided to experiment with things I had never had before. Was not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. For 2 people, 2 courses with a bottle of wine and 2 soft drinks was a reasonable £52 which you don't mind paying for fresh, home cooked food.
Will definitely be going again!

There are newer reviews for Grill! Primal Kitchen

Reviewed June 30, 2013

One the nicest place we have ever eaten. This was our second time visiting and even better than we remembered. At first we were told our reservation was made for 8.30pm but were 100% sure it was booked for 8pm but anyway we went and came back at the later time. If it was any other place we may not have bothered coming back! It's such a cosy little place and feels very romantic but not too much so! For starter a couple of us had the ribs. Amazing and huuuge portions but hey not complaining. For main the 2 men had the steak platter on the specials board and OH WOW!! Never seen so much steak. It was perfectly cooked to their taste and so reasonably priced. I had the catfish and shrimp. I found the shrimp a little too salty but the rest of the meal more than made up for this. Absolutely too full to try dessert but hopefully there is always next time!!!

1  Thank Bh1999
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went there for our anniversary meal. We picked it based on the reviews on here and we fancied going somewhere new. The food was amazing! The price is more than fair. It's small, but we liked that. It was just like being in Greece. We will definitely return

2  Thank Will W
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Three of us had one of the best (and biggest) meals ever. Our son had the mixed grill and me and my wife had the Mezze. Every single item was cooked to perfection, swordfish was succulent and not dry, steak perfect and buttery. Washed down with wine and I had Ouzo. It was like being back in a taverna in Corfu. Awesome ambiance and such friendly staff.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We wanted to celebrate my son's graduation and chose this restaurant as we have enjoyed it on our two previous visits. This time it was even better. We walked in to greek music playing in the background. As always the service is very friendly. The food was faultless and again being able to bring our own wine keeps the bill down even with a very reasonable £3.50 per person corkage. We will definitely be back as I would like to work my way through the menu. It's rare to find a restaurant as good as this locally.

1  Thank JHewitt103