“Fabulous food, brilliant atmosphere”
Review of Grill! Primal Kitchen - CLOSED

Grill! Primal Kitchen
Cuisines: Barbecue, Greek, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Olive & Meze Website Olive & Meze is a new restaurant to the Wakefield area. It is independently owned and operated by Zafer Firinci our Head Chef. Zafer has over 20 years experience in the restaurant industry having previously owned and operated 2 restaurants in Turkey and 1 in Wetherby in the UK. Zafer and his team strongly believe in providing excellent quality food at a great price with fast, friendly efficient service. We hope you will join us to sample the Turkish Delights of Olive & Meze.
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Three of us had one of the best (and biggest) meals ever. Our son had the mixed grill and me and my wife had the Mezze. Every single item was cooked to perfection, swordfish was succulent and not dry, steak perfect and buttery. Washed down with wine and I had Ouzo. It was like being back in a taverna in Corfu. Awesome ambiance and such friendly staff.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We wanted to celebrate my son's graduation and chose this restaurant as we have enjoyed it on our two previous visits. This time it was even better. We walked in to greek music playing in the background. As always the service is very friendly. The food was faultless and again being able to bring our own wine keeps the bill down even with a very reasonable £3.50 per person corkage. We will definitely be back as I would like to work my way through the menu. It's rare to find a restaurant as good as this locally.

1  Thank JHewitt103
Reviewed June 27, 2013

2nd visit here and was not disappointed, food was great, love the halloumi starter & chicken souvlaki for main, heaven! The owners are friendly and cannot do enough to make sure you enjoy your meal, cannot wait for my next visit!!!

1  Thank Wakeyfoody
Reviewed June 27, 2013

First time at Grill at 31 and I will be back again. Looks to be a small family run business. The covers are't massive but that adds to the atmosphere and the good service. Arriving at just after opening at 7 expecting to be one of the first customers - no the restaurant was nearly half full and if you've been here before you will know it doesn't take many people to fill it. Never throughout the night did we feel rushed through our meals. For me this was added value - there is nothing worse than feeling rushed. We had starters - calamari, olives and bread, main - chicken with veg and creamy ouzo sauce and stiffado pigs cheeks, can't remember the name of the pudding but it was very similar to baclava with mugs of hot coffee to finish with. All was very nice. The cost probably is slightly more expensive than your standard chain outlet but what you are paying for is so obviously fresh ingredients which are well cooked, the chef knows how to cook food. This is a very nice, relaxed place which reminds me of holidays. I actually liked the fact that the chef came out to speak to customers, so many dont and that makes a big difference.

1  Thank tweeky2
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went here last night and had a great time. Great to see different beers. I had a keo. Reminded me of my holiday last year.
I ordered the grilled baby octopus & wild boar kleftico. Was amazing. The whole thing was like being in Cyprus. I didn't have room for dessert but my boyfriend did and said the black cherry cheesecake was delicious. he didn't have a starter and had a double mixed souvlaki for main with homemade chips.
The flavours of the food are so authentic. The place smells amazing and my tummy grumbled as soon as we walked in. The staff are great as well.

I am sure we will be back. Wakefield needed this restaurant.