Tripadvisor
Wakefield
Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Review Highlights
An Interesting Impressive Visit

When we lived in West Yorkshire we never visited this cathedral. However during our recent visit to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Paul M
Frome, United Kingdom
via mobile
A beautiful City Centre Cathedral

We pass it regularly and enter occasionally and we consider it one of the finest sites in a city... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Brimary190729
Wakefield, United Kingdom

All reviews the stained glass windows light a candle rood screen peaceful haven spiritual place worth a visit town centre tea shop cake lovely place sandwiches pews choir nave worship labyrinth religious
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

A beautiful, welcoming and spiritual place. It's amazing how the cathedral feels like part of the modern city despite its age. Look for the labyrinth!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 10, 2020

Definitely worth a visit to this beautiful cathedral right in the heart of the city. We spent about 2 hours and thought it was lovely

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 22, 2019 via mobile

Used to visit here regularly when lived in the area. Pleased to see the space used, visited when the nave was being prepared for a Christmas craft fair the next day.
It appeared that the work was completed and a number of members of staff were around, interestingly all appeared to be intent on conversations with one another.
I entered on three separate occasions during the day and none appeared to want to make contact.
Building was warm.
Cafe/shop is a good attractive facility and very reasonably priced.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed September 28, 2019

Greeted at the entrance by a volunteer who explained answered my questions and said we were free to wander around- very helpful.
There are fine carvings and stained glass windows by Charles Kempe.
The first religious labyrinth I had encountered.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

I’ve lived in Wakefield for years and I rarely go in here. My friend and I decided to have a visit and really enjoyed a lovely half an hour learning more about this beautiful cathedral.

Date of experience: September 2019