See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2014 via mobile

We arrived and when we came in the room the first thing that stood out was a big white coloured stain on the carpet, then I put my things down on the desk and felt that the desk was sticky. I also went to wash my hands and noticed the sink was dirty then I dried my hands and the towel was damp and had a mucky brown mark which I don't even want to think about what it was, I asked for some more towels and more pillows as you only got one pillow. And they said they will bring some more and they never did. It was just grotty.

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed September 9, 2014

I was booked here on business. Its exterior is drab, it's on an industrial estate, the receptionist is chief cook and bottle-washer (no exaggeration), but perhaps that's just how the place is run.

The room is a room; TV is freeview with all the channels (including radio), the room has a heater, the bed is okay, pillows are okay, shower is good, bath is good, towels clean.

If you're a hotel snob, you won't like it here. It's not what you're used to. However if you're prepared to accept that it's a place to stay for the night, then it's fine.

I didn't have any problems with guests (although I wasn't quite sure what was going on next door, or why the noise only lasted three minutes) but you get that wherever you stayed. I've stayed at a £150-a-night hotel in London and had noisy neighbours.

Wifi is free and also probably the best and fastest wifi I've ever used in a hotel (also the free-est).

Only one plug, behind the curtain. Oh well. Just have a device-charging strategy (plug charges laptop, laptop charges phone, for example).

So, suck it up, take it at face value; the staff are friendly, the restaurant food is good, ignore the spiders in the outside walkway, overlook the dated interior of the rooms, turn off your light and get some sleep.

I'm booked in here for four nights. If it gets any worse, I'll let you know...

Room Tip: Room 27's toilet is noisy enough to wake up the adjacent four rooms. No lift; request ground-floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Having booked this hotel for a one night business trip (I couldn't get in any other hotels close by) I agree with a previous reviewer who likened this place to the Bates Motel.
As a women traveling alone, I felt unsafe and did not feel comfortable staying there, having paid on checking in and visiting the room (up the filthy stairs and corridors) I decided to go home and commute from there.
The Campanile group need to look seriously at this hotel - budget hotel or not, safety, cleanliness and maintenance are surely not only for luxury hotels?

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hebden
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Awful place. On an industrial estate next to main city road. Chalet arrangement where access to rooms is outside along narrow balcony. Walkway dirty. Foyer carpet dirty. Tea making holder dirty and floor tiles dirty. You had to unplug tv to use the sole plug available. No staff on site between 11pm and 7 am. Just given an emergency number. Wifi was free and good. Bed was comfortable but quite frankly, as a lone female traveller I felt unsafe and unclean.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The hotel is good value for what you pay.
Good points, clean fair size room with comfortable bed, tea and coffee facilities, 32" flat screen tv, good shower and quite.

Bad points. Looking a litle tired ln the exterior, in my room the shower tiles and grout are in need of a good clean and just some grout whitening would make the shower area less grubby looking, no biscuits with the tea and coffee and the drinks in the bar a a little pricey for the class of hotel.
ALl these points are not big issues and I would stay again for the price you pay its fine

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business