All reviews room was clean tea and coffee would stay again short stay flat screen tv
Reviewed August 4, 2014

very quiet nice room, staff excellent. being in an industrial estate made for a nice quiet nights sleep. Dinner was good, breakfast also. Somewhat old, but it was cheap, room was very clean. Overall, better than some that have advertised themselves a wonderful

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2014

From the soulless industrial estate location to the disinterested, unkempt receptionist, we should have just walked away before spending £45 on the room (yes - £45!). The hotel looked unloved and the balcony had rotting panels and lichen growing from the dirty green mat. Ok. We thought it was bearable until the nighttime. As the place shuts down at 11pm with no overnight security/reception, this meant the other guests could run wild. Shouting, screaming, swearing and general loud drunken behaviour went unchallenged from 12am until about 5am. We surfaced and carefully negotiated broken make-up and scattered chips on our way to reception, relieved our tariff did not include breakfast. At least the unshaven receptionist didn't ask if we had enjoyed our stay. We didn't. We won't be back.

2  Thank Lee T
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This motel is very dated with shabby linen, decor and furniture. It is American motel style so rooms open on to outside balcony and although they have locks they are flimsy at best and not very secure. It is located in an industrial estate so quite lonely and generally not a safe and secure environment one would expect from a hotel. This was an overnight stop whilst travelling on business so little sleep then a long drive is not a good combination. I will avoid this chain in future

2  Thank KAMLW
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Having stayed in a Campanile in Dartford ,we booked a weekend on 18th july for 2 nights ...set in the middle of an industrial estate this was to say the least the shabbiest looking hotel (I use the term loosely ) that I have ever had the misfortune to set foot in .
We requested a ground floor as i had an ankle injury and were given keys to number 20 .Upon arrival to said room we were greeted by a huge mound of dirty shirts slap bang outside our door ,as we entered the room the smell of damp hit you straight away ,and even if your olfactory senses are not up to scratch you couldn`t fail to see the huge damp patch on the wall ...a huge smashed glass mirror and the general disrepair made it impossible to stay there .Having spoken to the manager I requested a refund to which he offered us another room ( I wouldnt let my dog sleep there )for which we declined .he then said he would process refund when we had gone .....As you can imagine I stood and waited until he had done it in front of me ....I know this is a budget hotel but for a few pound more Travelodge and Premier are down the road ....do not waste your money on this cesspit !!!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vicky W
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend for several days to commute to work whilst waiting for our flat to be ready. To be fair for the price we paid we could never expect luxury. £30 per night for two people is a bargain and I appreciate that. My only real complaint about the room was the lack of plug sockets (you had to unplug the TV to access the only one). The Wifi is very hit and miss and cuts out every few minutes. When it does work its very efficient though. The shower and bathroom were good and the beds were comfy. This was ideal what what we were looking for - a roof over our head on a budget. If you use the TripAdvisor special deal at the top of the page you receive £7 off per night and we utilised this. There is very little to do around the hotel area, but the restaurant offers good deals on nice food. You get what you pay for in this hotel and for £30 per night for two people the hotel is going to have to make shortcuts to generate some profit. You get what you pay for here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple