See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Given how cheap it was i was not expecting luxury, the hotel is VERY basic! There is one plug socket in the rooms and that's only when you unplug the TV - not really the best when two people ate trying to get ready.

A lot of the girls also complained their rooms and beds were very damp.

The guy on reception also seemed to do everything, he was the receptionist, the chef, the security guard!!!

I wouldnt stay in a Camponile again, i would personally rather pay more and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank kayleigh60
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to enable us to go to a car show the following day . Reception guy was very friendly and helpful . It is in the middle if an industrial estate and I thought my sat nav had taken us the wrong way !!!
Looks like an American motel -not in a good way !
Room was very shabby and on 1st floor the walkway was filthy and looked like a block of flats on a bad estate ! Comfy bed and good hot shower were only plus points .
The room next to us had 2 women and 2 little girls and the little girls thought it was a good idea to run past our window and up and down the stairs for over 2 hours !
Over night we heard the couple above us having very loud sex for a couple of hours I felt sick !!!
After seeing other reviews I think I should have taken notice of them . I suppose you get what you pay for £40 for a night .
Would never ever stay here again .

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank tillyandrosie
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Well this hotel was not what we we're expecting. The rooms were small and damp. We woke up this morning and even our clothes were damp! No beans left at breakfast small portions and not very tasty. We will not be returning to the camp ano dive !!!!

Room Tip: Hope your room isnt damp
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joandnat
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently for two nights and found it totally different from all the other budget hotels ive stayed in.
The positives were 1, the staff were excellent in customer service and very friendly. 2.The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. 3. The shower was very good and the tv was very good.
The negatives were 1. Shower curtain needed to be changed it made the bathroom smell musky. 2. Guests sitting out on balconies drinking and smoking into the early hours and shirtless! 3.Areas around stairwells had a smell of people using them as toilets. 4. Area location of hotel doesn't lend itself to being the safest for women or nice walks for families.
For a budget hotel it met my needs but it really is a motel which some people will enjoy whereas others may require finer things but for the price it met my needs.Room for improvement particularly the smoking and drinking on the balconies.

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor room then the balcony drinkers and smokers can be avoided.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BazzaChester_le_St
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I booked it as city centre on that popular last minute site but it was a 30 minute walk and it was on an industrial estate,pretty much opposite a power station, I'm a writer and I travel on my own, if it had of been winter I would have been scared in the dark on my own having to find it in the middle of an industrial estate.

I'm currently writing a book about travelling all 69 cities of the UK and I do always mention the hotels. I'd love to not mention this one but the public need to be aware. Firstly as a female travelling alone I felt completely unsafe, there were uncouth shirtless men hanging around on the balconies, there were cigarette butts everywhere, when I got into the room the walls had stains like something had leaked down the wall, part of the walls in several places looked like they'd been dented and repaired, the carpet was horrendous and there were very many unlcean places in the bathroom, including mould on the ceiling, I didn't take a shower for fear of what would happen and I double locked my door in fear of my life over night. In the morning I went down for breakfast, awful 70's style dismal place. I was charged £8.75 for breakfast, it wasn't good breafast either, you could go to a lovely hotel and have breakfast for about the same price! I then saw a woman who was asked if she was "checking in again" at half past 8 in the morning. I've since read reports from others about the possibility that it's being frequented by local prostitutes. At that point I got the first taxi I could to the station and sat in there for the 2 hours before my train feeling that it would potentially be safer.

Just think Bates Motel and you're somewhere along the right lines, I've actually written to the travel agent and asked for a refund.

If you are a female travelling on your own, don't stay here, if you are a male with any kind of standards I wouldn't stay here either, if you have kids, please, please don't stay here.

I often take what I read on Trip advisor with a pinch of salt when I read really bad reviews but in the case of this hotel (it's a motel, not a hotel) they're all absolutely spot on. Funny thing is that it cost more than my previous nights stay at the Holiday Inn express, Leeds Armouries the night before and that hotel was fabulous.

So stay anywhere in Wakefield just don't stay here!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms