“Loved it”

Campanile Wakefield
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staff were friendly, room was clean and bed was really comfy. Would definitely stay here again! Very cheap for 1 night. It's 30-40 minute walk to the town centre or £3 in a taxi. All night and morning it was very quiet so I was happy about that.

It's also good to stay at a hotel that lets you check out at 12 instead of stupid o'clock!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Campanile Wakefield

Reviewed May 3, 2013

A great night all round, room was very nice, bed was like laying on roses, bath nice and deep, breakfast was to die for!!

will I stay again? you bet I will

the night sleep was amazing I want one of those mattresses talk about cosy
there was only one thing I can say that was really my own fault and that is I am 6 foot 3 so was unable to lay full in the bath bet then again I couldn't wait to jump back in bed so really was no problem.
very highly recommended throughout :-)

Room Tip: you want a nice room with a world class breakfast? stay right here!! you can not go wrong
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marty B
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Glad to receive a warm welcome after our drive from Scotland. This hotel is clean and basic, ideal for somewhere to lay your head, friendly helpful staff, thanks to Simon for the extra duvet :)
We have had some problems with the pre-authorization payment between the bank and hotel since our return, however the hotel has been very helpful and have done all they can at their end to help resolve this.
We will be happy to return on our next visit to see our granddaughter.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fanta_pants1
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. Very reasonable price. Had two rooms next door to each other. Very quiet as it was Easter weekend and Wakefield is not really a tourist spot. No complaints except the staff were a bit disengaged. The ironing board I requested did not turn up and also we were not asked if we wanted a cooked breakfast in the morning. These are quibbles which I guess don't amount to anything. Get a room facing onto car park. The rooms at the back face onto the road flyover which can be noisy. We would recommend for value.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

£30 quid for a clean warm room not far from a surprisingly tidy town centre. Brekky was ok for the few pounds it cost too. Staff outstanding - very genuine and proper northern! Yea its on an industrial estate but that means its quiet at night and plenty of free parking and wifi was fast and free. Only downside was some muppet in the hotel with a noisy motorbike at 630am

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank stevemasonnz
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The stuck and broken front door should have told me that something was wrong, the grotty run-down area had already warned me that this wasn't going to be pretty and it wasn't! A very tired hotel in possibly the worst location ever with a busy road running in front and a grotty industrial estate behind. It had all the trademarks of a hotel cutting corners and trying to save money but all it did was produce the effect that it was struggling to survive.. We didn't eat there because in spite of being advertised, they refused to accept our Tastecard because we were 'hotel guests', crazy as we went elsewhere because of their attitude and as there was only one person eating in the restaurant, they could have done with our custom. The electrical items in the room were 5 months late being PAT tested which says everything. The room itself was dirty and there was a half-used shower gel left by a previous occupant in the bathroom. I would never stay there again!

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Petethebike
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Over charged me and a constant noise that sounds like a baths running all day and all night. Other than that it is a fairly nice place to stay but in my opinion I would not go again, my girlfriend found it very hard to get comfortable on the bed, good power shower, nice tv but the fact they over charged me for one night in a room annoyed me i will not be visiting again

• Stayed: February 2013