“Comfy beds, lovely and clean”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Wakefield South (M1, Jct39) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My son and I stayed at this Premier Inn for only one night and wish could have stayed longer. The rooms are, ok clinically clean, but I like that. The bed was so so comfy and the sheets lovely and white. The bathroom was immaculate too. I really cannot fault anything. The meal at the local pub next door was not brilliant but this is not associated to the Premier Inn but was close to hand. The check in staff were friendly, no fuss. The breakfast was just superb and there was everything you could think of. I shan't list it but you could have everything. The morning staff on Sunday morning, were bright and cheerful and so helpful. They seemed like they were happy to be at work, it was an absolute pleasure to see this. Well done to everyone at the Premier Inn Wakefield South, my and son and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We felt safe and secure too which is a must for a woman travelling on her own with her son.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank janep197
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Wakefield South (M1, Jct39) Hotel

Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was my first stay in a Premier Inn, but I was very impressed. I can't really think of any negatives to write about. The rooms were very clean, and looked very well kept. The beds were so comfortable, we certainly slept soundly! This was aided by the very quiet location of the hotel. I would definately stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LeanneGDKC
Reviewed August 30, 2011

well now we all know there's a lot of competition out there for business but the Premier Inn at Jct 39 M1 surely takes the prize. We've stayed in bigger, better hotels [or so they think]but to my mind this one certainly takes some beating. OK there's no olympic-size swimming pool [where I caught a gastro- bug in one hotel chain which shall remain nameless since I have no intention of returning there] ; there's no super-duper gym complex [ I'm a confirmed couch potato at 63 with arthritis, so what do I want to pay for one of them for?] and the restaurant is in the pub next door [fantastic menu worthy of any 5* gourmet restaurant] but boy it has everything you DO need at a very affordable price.
We've just spent 2 nights here visiting friends for a family christening. My eldest daughter had contemplated staying with our friends but when she saw the standard of our accommodation she decided to see if she could stay too! The lady on reception was most accommodating and found a suitable room with extra beds for them - and this was on Bank holiday weekend!!!

We stayed for two nights [using three rooms] and booked 5 premier breakfasts deals. This meant that we got five children fed for free! The food was all piping hot, fressh and very well presented .

One little moan - the toasting machine needs re-siting. In its current position it overheats and then staff turn down the temperature setting - and the toast doesn't brown! It needs to be on a table or cupboard where air can circulate round it to prevent overheating. Having said that, I give top marks to the efficiency of the staff for disconnecting the offending item when it began to smoke, ensuring everyone's safety and rapidly finding a replacement 4-slice toaster and extension to allow people requiring toast to queue and make their toast in comfort.

The staff at this hotel are amongst the friendliest, most helpful and knowledgeable about their local area I have ever come across and what they don't know they're quick to look up on the internet for you - including routes and maps printed out and handed to you! Now that's what I CALL service!

I can't think of a single thing that didn't come up to a very high standard. Oh, and I love the little reading ligfht on a flexi arm - haven't seen that anywhere else!!

All in all, extremely good value for money, high standard decor, furnishings, fabulous friendly helpful staff = definitely the best value for money in the UK!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ronamac
Management response:Responded September 2, 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back at Wakefield South M1 J39 Premier Inn.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Staff were excellent and accomodated us at short notice. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Breakfast was nice and although it was very busy the staff managed the large numbers of people really well.

2  Thank lucylou12
Management response:Responded September 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Wakefield South M1 J39 Premier Inn.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We were heading to a wedding in the vicinity and were looking for somewhere not too pricey but decent accomodation. This ticked all the boxes! From walking through the doors and checking in to leaving the next day everything went smoothly and was impressive for a value hotel. The highlight being the HUGE Premier breakfast wow! The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, bright and comfortable - if i had to complain (and really only if I was pushed) the towels in the bathroom were a bit tired and not very soft but certainly clean and functional. All in all we had a great time and would definitely use a Premier Inn again if this is the standard!

2  Thank troysmam
Management response:Responded September 2, 2011

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Wakefield South M1 J39 Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit.

kind Regards

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Very helpful staff, room was very clean, the breakfast was a real feast!! Thornes Park is a 5 minute drive up the road, which has a pond, play park, and a skate park and acres of land to walk, well worth a visit!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SunfunDorsetuk

General maanger

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed here with my husband just one night to break up our journey South. I chose it from the reviews I had read on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. From check-in to breakfast and to our departure the service was great. The team here were all so friendly and helpful that I wished I could stay longer! Breakfast was really good - cooked to order with Costa coffee and all the choice you could want. It was so good we did not need to eat any lunch! The room was quiet and clean and the bed was really comfortable - I had the best nights sleep. If Premier Inn offer staff bonuses then the staff here should be the best contenders as they are a great team and clearly all get on well. This atmosphere filters through to the way they work and makes it a really nice place to stay.

2  Thank mabel1348
Management response:Responded September 2, 2011

Thank you for your very kind words. These are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Wakefield. I look forward to welcoming you back at Wakefield South M1 J39 Premier Inn.