“Wakefield City North Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Wakefield City North Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Premier Inn Wakefield City North is just one and a half miles from Wakefield City Centre, located on a business park a couple of minutes drive from the M1 junction 41, making it also an ideal place to stop over to break up long motorway journeys.
The hotel looks quite new from the outside and has three floors with ample car parking spaces outside and CCTV cameras in operation.
Adjacent to the hotel is a Brewers Fayre pub restaurant, 'Rhubarb Triangle' which looks as though it was built at the same time as the hotel.

Check-in was at 2pm and we arrived around 12.30 and went straight into the pub/restaurant for a coffee.
t was around 1.45pm when I went to the hotel to see if we could check-in and as our room was ready we were given the key to our room on the second floor right away. The member of staff who checked us in was very friendly and helpful and as we had a heavy case with us she suggested we take the lift up to the second floor.
Our room overlooked the car park and the restaurant and is possibly the largest Premier Inn room we have ever stayed in. There was a lot of floor space between the bed and the window and even though there was a small table and two bucket-style chairs placed near the window, there was still a great amount of space available.
The double bed was quite high (as most Premier Inn beds seem to be) but was very comfortable, as were the pillows. Two were provided per person but you can ask for more if required.
Also in the room was open hanging space and shelves, a small kettle with sachets of tea/coffee/milk/sugar, a workspace area, hairdryer, full length mirror and a flatscreen TV.

The room and the adjoining bathroom were spotless. The shower over the bath was powerful and I also enjoyed a soak in the bath too. Two bath towels and two hand towels were provided. The bath towels especially were large and thick. Imperial Leather shower gel and handwash are provided in dispensers fixed to the wall, however I preferred to use my own toiletries instead.
The only fault I had with the room was that there was only one double electrical socket available and this had been placed just above the workspace. Unfortunately the socket had been placed too near the surface area of the workspace and plugging anything in with a sealed plug was impossible. Even the socket where the TV was plugged in I noticed the plug had been wedged tightly in and the sealed wire was bent. I had taken my i-pod speaker dock with me, but because it has an adaptor to plug in, this meant it was impossible and I could not use it. I also would not have been able to plug in my phone charger had I needed it. Luckily I did not need to charge my phone.
It does seem like no thought was given to this when the socket was fitted. I have no idea if all the rooms have the same problem but it isn't very good if you wish to use something electrical and find the socket isn't in an adequate place.

Apart from the problem with the socket, the room was fine and as there were freeview channels on the TV I just put the radio on for some background music, but I was a little disappointed about not being able to use my speaker dock.
I had to pop back down to the car shortly after checking in as I had forgotten something and noticed there was a different staff member on Reception. I smiled on my way out but she did not smile back. When I came back in I said hello and smiled again but was met with a stony faced silence. Usually I have found the staff at Premier Inns to be very friendly and always speak on your way in and out etc if not busy, so I found this odd, but I have to say the other staff I encountered at the hotel were very friendly.

The hotel seemed to be quite full the night we stayed and despite this, there was no noise and we spent a very quiet and comfortable night. We also visited the restaurant again later and enjoyed a meal and drinks. I was very pleased with the service there.
Check-out is at 12pm and I mentioned about the sockets on my way out and the receptionist apologised and made a note of it, she didn't say anything about any other rooms etc so I have no idea if this has been a problem for other guests too. I explained that it had not caused any major problems but it could have done. If I had needed to charge my phone for instance, I would have gone down to reception and informed them.

We did enjoy our stay at this hotel and for £19 it was a bargain, having managed to book this during the premier inn sale. I would stay here again and hopefully the sockets will be better placed next time.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stopped at Premier Inn Wakefield North for one night so we wouldn't have to travel 100+ miles after a concert.
Reception was excellent - especially on arrival Friday 4th pm -
Room was clean and good - I did ask for a twin but was given a double - but no great problem there.
All towels etc were clean, ( im not one of those from '' Invasion of the Trip Advisors) - I would recommend. a stay here Leeds is about 15 mins away on a good day - however it took us 45 mins on a Friday night - emmmm

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Just stayed for one night, we were checked in by Teresa who was such a lovely friendly lady and very helpful with her local knowledge. Room was good, Premier Inn normal standards. Only downside was lots of banging doors between 11.30pm and 12.30am with people returning from the adjacent pub/restaurant. Maybe a room further along the corridor would have been better. Other than that, a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank morvenscaraben
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed one night (2 adults & 2 teenage boys) and booked two rooms they were such good value (£19 each). Clean, large, comfortable rooms and a hearty buffet breakfast - just what was needed

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at a price of £29 for each night. The room was lovely and quiet and was located at the back of the hotel overlooking farm buildings which was a pleasant change to the usual car park/motorway views. The purpose of our stay was to visit York and to see relatives and this hotel was ideally suited to do both. We used the restaurant on the Saturday evening and found the food both good quality and value. I would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook farm buildings (I experienced no noise) rather than the car park view at...
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on an ovenight stop off hotel was clean staff were lovely and restaurant was great have a fish and chip buffet on Fridays lovely food

Reviewed September 13, 2011

A last minute idea but even so was lucky to get a £29 room deal and am please to say the quality was much higher than we'd expected, Staff we all very helpful and friendly,room was a good size and clean. Neg point was those silly little milk sachets!!! I hate them!!!
Breakfast is served over at the Pub, a beefeater inn, called the Rhubard Triangle, a modern pub with great food offers, eat all you can breaky £7.99 seems alot but its a good fill for the day ahead so you can skip lunch after a hearty breaky, shame there was no hash browns tho :( Was going to mention it to Paul the manager on way out but totally forgot!! will defo try another beefeater soon, some of the food promos are very very good.
Staff again were superb, well done to all those who work here and at hotel.