“the biggest naan you ever did see.”
Review of LaLa's Restaurant - CLOSED

LaLa's Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We specialize in delicious cuisine, including our house specialties and other customer favorites. Our cuisine entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming setting that you and your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are in the mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some old favorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. No matter what your occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at LaLa`s Restaurant promise to make your next dining experience a pleasant one.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

my wife and myself and my sister in law were staying in wakefield for my wifes birthday weekend of may 18th 2013 and we went to this restaurant and wow i'm glad we did it was fantastic. the food was lovely especially the massive naan and we all enjoyed it very much. the staff were brilliant and so helpful and friendly. the manager gave my wife a desert with a sparkler in it and gave us all a drink on the house. if we are ever anywhere near lalas again we will eat there without a doubt. my wife would even drive 120 miles just for a meal here and then drive home again. thankyou to you all for such a fabulous night.

1  Thank FREDERICK G

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have to say I've been to La-La's a few times previously and have never been disappointed with either the food or the bill and I'm happy to report this occasion was no different. We had a starter apiece and main with a huge naan bread.

Our meals were delivered quickly by the attentive staff and were decently sized and tasty. The chefs were kept busy, despite our early arrival, as the place got quite busy.

Overall, I'd recommend La-La's as it's clean, quiet, nicely decorated and the food more than passes muster,

2  Thank AndyYorks77
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I were on a visit to Wakefield under trying family circumstances and wanted something to eat after a particularly difficult day. Not knowing the area we took a chance on Lala's as it had a convenient car park. What a bit of luck we did!
The place was really popular, always a good sign, but we were quickly shown to a table and our drinks were soon in front of us - and did we need them!
There was plenty of choice on the menu, old favourites and some we'd never seen before. Whether by luck or judgement we both made excellent choices - the food was superb- so good in fact that we took the rest home as there was more than we could eat.
The nan bread is something to behold - it comes on this tree like thing for you to tear off chunks - never seen that where we come from.
Not only would we thoroughly recommend Lala's, my wife took her family there on her next visit to Wakefield a week later and they all enjoyed it as much as we did.

2  Thank BobYoung28
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Me and my partner are always keen to try new Indian restaurants as it is our favourite food. Therefore, we were happy to discover that this new restaurant had opened in Wakefield a few years ago. Our first visit was fine, we have also had a few takeaways and staff were always friendly, had no problems with the food. The second time we went was a while after it had opened and the food had gone downhill. We also waited quite a while for our drinks which was disappointing as I like to browse the menu whilst having a drink. But, it wasn't bad enough to complain and being quite a polite customer I just forgot about it. However, I work quite close by and had parked in works car park which faces the back of the restaurant. When we were walking to the car the chef/s were sat outside with the kitchen door wide open smoking cigarettes. Now, I have nothing against smokers but PLEASE when you are cooking my food at least close the door so that the smoke doesn't waft into the kitchen and I hope to goodness that hands are thoroughly washed after your quick cig breaks! It is NOT professional for customers to have to see this! I also agree with other reviewers on here who have been getting rather suspicious in regards to FAKE reviews. There are definitely a few reviews on here that I would class as FAKE. One in particular who had slated another Indian restaurant which is the best reviewed in the area and then gave La La' s 5. No, sorry, its only a 2 in my eyes.

3  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Myself and my wife karen would just like to reply to an utterly ridiculous review from jamienestm on the 17th May.
We have been going to Lalas in Wakefield on a regular basis at least once a week ever since it opened and in all that time we have genuinely never had a bad meal.
We have also been to the new restaurant in Huddersfield and the meal there was also excellent as was the service and the restaurant itself .
All reviews we have posted in the last 3 and a half years are honest reviews which should be what Trip Advisor is all about and for this individual to question our honesty and integrity is not acceptable at all .
All of our reviews are our honest opinion of our visits to Lalas and for some individual to question our honesty is absolutely disgusting and is something we will not tolerate.
This individual either retracts his comments or we will be taking this matter further.He has absolutely no right to question our opinions and to class our reviews as fake is absolute nonsense and will not be tolerated.
The management of Lalas have absolutely no influence whatsoever on our reviews and for the reviewer to insinuate this.is totally out of order and he should be aware you cannot make allegations without proof/evidence to support your claims.Alan and Karen.

2  Thank alan b