“Amaaaaazing”
Review of Bear Kitchen

Bear Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 478 Restaurants in Wakefield
Description: Bear Kitchen. Fast Food with Attitude. Honest, ethical and quality fast food We have a small number of eat in-tables available, as well as an extensive takeaway menu that is available to collect or be delivered (through the Deliveree app).
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was so yummy, ribs fell off the bone IF there even was a bone! Wings great size - also fell off the bone. Chicken strips were huge and so tender & the loaded fries were fully loaded not just sprinkled with cheese. 10/10 satisfaction definitely returning. Well worth the price :D

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (209)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Amazing service and perfect food . Small building inside but still could cater for a big group ! 10/10

Date of visit: January 2020
BearK32, Owner at Bear Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2020

Thank you for your Awesome review, hope to see you soon. Remember if there are a few of you it is always beast to ring ahead for availability.

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Best takeaway in Wakefield
We’ve had several takeaways from here. The burgers are amazing. Really fresh with great quality ingredients. We would go every weekend if we could!

Date of visit: November 2019

Thank you we really do try to provide all our customers with top quality food. Remember we also serve up healthier options.

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

The photos on the website make this place look like it will be so tasty. It isn’t. I wouldn’t bother paying for double burger as it is one burger cut into 2 pieces. Dry chicken on the chicken burger. It was about a third the thickness of a Zinger burger just to give you a reference point. I was so guttered. I don’t know how they won award in 2018. We had takeaway not eat in but that doesn’t affect the burger patty size. The best thing was the tex mex topping. Please take a look at your pictures and then judge it against the food you put out. Shame.

Date of visit: January 2020

I am really sorry you did not enjoy your Bear Kitchen. All of our burgers chicken, beef and veggi bahji are weighed before cooking to ensure consistent portion size. I can assure you that in no way did we ever cut your burger patty into two pieces. Also the photos on our social media and website are of food which has been served to our customers. We have always prided ourselves that we do not doctor our photos of genuine dishes leaving the kitchen, In fact a number of our customers have previously commented when they have recognized their order or dish in our photos. It truly saddens me that you did not enjoy it. Please could you e-mail us on bearkitchen.co.uk so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

After mourning the loss of my £5 lunchtime special, i awaited with anticipation to the usually great burger and chips now at the new and improved price of £7.

I feared some of the chips must have been lost in delivery due to the diminished size. The burger looked suitably curvaceous however on eating almost half the bun the meat seemed to elude me, the bun however, which tbh was rather soggy on top but oddly crumbly on the base, soon revealed the somewhat laughably minuscule burger. Oddly it only seemed to occupy the latter quarter of the bun !

Seriously a bun the quarter of the size would have been more suitable or perhaps a burger 4 times bigger ?

I have upped the rating by 1 point as the two mouthfuls of burger we're actually quite nice.

Overall today's offering was poor so sorry guys i'm done, time to move on.

Date of visit: January 2020

Hi Wazza, I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy your burger We removed the lunch time special basically a year ago. Our portion sizes have not changed at all, our burgers are still weighed to 1/4 pounders, this is done prior to cooking with all of our burgers we also portion our fries by volume with a scoop. I am genuinely not sure what has happened with your order, obviously as a previous customer we would have preferred you to contact us directly with any issues so we were aware and able to sort them for you. We really do try to provide the best customer service possible. If there had been any issue that was resolvable we would have done. I am sorry you did not believe that the size was sufficient but I am glad that you did enjoy the flavours. In future please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any issues and we will endevour to sort them for you.