“Bella Roma is something like it used to be!”
Review of Bella Roma

Bella Roma
Ranked #23 of 427 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Visited here last week and I am pleased to say this restaurant is something like it used to be! For over 25 years I have been going to this place and it was fabulous. A couple of years ago it was taken over and it was appalling, hence I swore I would never go again! I found out that in July 2012 it had been taken over again so we decided to give it another go and I am pleased that we did! It has regained the ambiance it used to have, its busy, friendly and the food is good! I have to say that it is not as good as it used to be but then again it has a different Chef which of course will be the cause! I had a starter that was lacking in taste but my main course was delicious! Personally I think if they could get some of the OLD dishes that used to be on the menu, then the Bella Roma will be back on top form! The new owners are doing a great job and I am sure that I do not just speak for myself when I say this, but Thank you for getting Bella Roma back on the road to the best Italian restaurant in Wakefield! Will visit again to see if it gets better and better!

1  Thank Anne68_12

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service - couldn't ask for more. I went to this resturant 20 years ago and 20 years later it is better than ever. The food tasted fresh, the waiters were absolutely lovely and made the evening a real pleasure. We have recommend this restuarant to friends and relatives who have since been and they too have raved about this place. I had jeans and a long sleeved top on and felt a little cold this is my only slight negative, but the food and service made up for it. Can't wait to go back, may be with a jumper on!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been dining at Bella Roma since it opened last July under new ownership . I often eat there three evening a week at what has become my favorite restaurant. I am not biased and will always give my candid opinion in a review. I have reviewed the Bella Roma on many occasions and my view has not altered. This is the best Italian restaurant in Wakefield. I have just returned from a delightful evening at Bella Roma (I dine alone) and feeling comfortable and at ease is important to me. The staff are excellent and not pretentious, and I see no evidence of bias towards regular dinners as suggested by one reviewer. The food was of a high standard and the atmosphere perfect . The steady hum of people enjoying an evening with friends or family. Not too loud not too soft. Saturday night is always very busy so if you are going for the first time you might prefer to try midweek the early bird is great value . I would respectfully suggest that if you are going out on the town and in a hurry this may not be a place for you where relaxation , conversation and good food are the order of the day.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Booked a table for 4 on Sat 2nd March for 8.30pm. We informed them that we'd arrive at 8.40 and we did. They said our arrival time was not an issue. However, we had to wait 30mins for our table, and we also had a long wait for our food. Personally, I think they had overbooked, and were trying to cram as many diners in as possible. On a positive, the food was very nice but we probably ate too late to enjoy it fully. The lighting is also very bright, and as a result the restaurant probably doesn't have that cosy, warm feel for me. Would I return.... Maybe, but not in a hurry!

4  Thank Lyn17
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very disapointed. Ranking 4th on the list I was expecting great food and service alas the former was average at best and the service was pretentious and slow. Unless you are a regular you wont get 5 star service. Both our table and the next were first time users and the difference in service to the regulars astounded me.

8  Thank cheekygityorks