“Very nice family run Place”
Review of Parklands Hotel

Parklands Hotel
Parklands Hotel
Ranked #9 of 10 Wakefield B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very clean and nice family and people that work here! Made my family all fell very welcome and would stay again!!

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've stayed at the Parklands twice now, once in 2012 and once the previous year. Both times it's been just what was needed at a very reasonable price. The owners could not have been more helpful and nothing was too much trouble - which was great. They also arranged for me to have breakfast slightly earlier than advertised as I needed to leave promptly the following morning to get back home by 11.30 Sure enough, I came down in the morning to find breakfast already underway and I was able to get on the road exactly when I needed to. When I next have cause to visit Wakefield overnight I will have no hesitation in booking again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel is so welcoming and exceptionally clean. The food is first class and the staff care about what they do for you. This is definitely a caring establishment and well worth a stay. Excellent value per night and with a first class breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stopped at Parklands for one night whilst on business. Usually stay at the more well known hotels, but after reading reviews decided to try this hotel. I was not dissapointed, had a single room, which was clean, warm, with a nice shower. It was at the back overlooking the car park and was quiet.The proprietors were on hand to give advice and directions, ordered us a taxi in to town. (£3) .We returned early evening and had a drink in the bar, and sat and watched television with the proprietors, was like being at home. Early breakfast 6.45am, which was good. Really could not fault this place and would recommend it and wiil return if in the area. Try it, you wont be dissapointed. Stayed January 10th 2012

Room Tip: WI FI available in rear rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Keith S
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We have just held a party for a family birthday at this hotel, where we booked their main function room, the hotel supplied, the Buffet, DJ and Disco. and B&B for two couples from our party. Yvonne the proprietor coulld not have done any more to help to make the event a success, she was always at hand to make sure nothing was overlooked and that everything we needed was available to make the night was a success. The DJ was very good and played music that kept the party going to the small hours of the morning. The buffet comprised of a superb selection of hot and cold foods, with desserts to die for, every one commented on its quality and quantity - thoroughly reccommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CHRIS-n-JAN1950
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Fifteen minutes walk from Westgate station, Parklands is conveniently situated although not quite in the city centre. A friendly welcome and comfortable room - but take your own alarm clock if you need one. Breakfast at weekends starts officially at 8.30, but we had a train to catch and a slightly earlier breakfast was no problem. Although the hotel stands on a main road, we had a room at the back and heard no traffic noise. A very pleasant stay and we would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: The back of the building will be quieter
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cpolkinghorne
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I wanted to visit Wakefield Cathedral and needed a hotel in my price range which had wi-fi; this seemed to fit the bill. It turned out that I could not get wi-fi in my room but the proprietors allowed me to use a conference room. Personally I cannot sleep if there is traffic going by but I never judge a place by the first night of sleep as just leaving home makes a difference. Although the room was quite small it served my purpose and I had all the space I needed; why would I want a larger one? There was a kettle and TV but no biscuits (I'd taken my own anyway!)
The hotel was clean and the owners made every effort to make my stay a positive experience. Breakfast was in the very nice dining room and got me off to a good start; it was well cooked and nicely presented. The rear car park is a good size and parking off the road is always a benefit.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any at the rear of the property to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo