“Great value meal with some nice touches”
Review of Prego Pizzeria

Prego Pizzeria
Ranked #45 of 443 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Went as part of a birthday group of 7 adults and one child. Warmly greeted and promptly served some fresh bread and butter while we skimmed over the menu. Typical italian dishes comprised of pasta, pizza and salads. There are a few specials on the chalk board if you fancy going off and being a little daring. Everyone ordered differently and all the dishes on the whole were pretty good.
I was a little gutted with my main as they had messed up my order of seafood risotto. I then had to wait only 5 mins or so and then food arrived. This does make me think that either there was an order from another table or the risotto is frozen as it takes a good half an hour to do it.
I think the prawn salad main was a slight con and you would need to add more sides to plump it out with it being 10 quid for 6 king prawns and lettuce leaves.
Overall the food delivered exactly what it said on the menu. The staff were very good and needless to say they received a big tip.
The total cost of our meal for 7 with a child, starters, mains and drinks: 140 quid.
Great value and somewhere I would go for a weekday meal.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been here a few times now with friends, family etc and have never been disappointed. Until last night. The service seems to have dropped, taking them a good ten minutes to even ask us for drinks (and anybody who knows this place knows it's not exactly a big restaurant). It was full with two big parties, one upstairs and one downstairs but the staff seemed unable to cope and probably could have done with one or two extra bodies. I've eaten here on many Saturday nights and the food and service has always been top quality up until now which is why I'm rating this a 4 based on previous experiences. Usually the pizzas are crispy and absolutely delicious but I'm afraid mine was soggy and not even hot out of the over. Maybe it was a one off, possibly short staffed and under pressure from serving two large groups as well as couples. I hope it is and will go back to find out if it was just a blip or if it has actually lost something.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent supper following a visit to the Theatre Royal Wakefield. We arrived at 20.40 and although the restaurant closes at 21.00 we were welcomed and served drinks and our order was taken quickly and efficiently. Excellent pasta and pizza. Good value for money. Would definitely recommend this Italian restaurant.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Booked 2 weeks before hand for a birthday. Time booked was for 7 so as it was quiet I was a little surprised to be sat at the top next to the toilets. Starter came and was ok nothing special. Mains arrived again nice but not outstanding. Worth a visit but better is available in Wakefield

1  Thank cheekygityorks
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Visited here with a LivingSocial offer (£14 for 2 mains and 2 glasses wine) and didn't really expect much. What a pleasant surprise! The house wine was great and the atmosphere cosy and informal. Ordered a mixed antipasti starter which was very flavoursome followed by a pizza and the lobster ravioli. Both delicious and the pizza was crisp and tasty - cooked fresh in the wood burning oven, which clearly makes a difference. Have dismissed Prego in the past but compared to the other Italians in Wakefield, this is in my opinion the best one.