“Lovely food and great service”
Review of Prego Pizzeria

Prego Pizzeria
Ranked #45 of 427 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Our first visit here and we really enjoyed it. Lived in Wakefield a long time and I really don't know why we have not been before! It is really nice inside and you can see the pizzas being made fresh to order. The wood burning pizza oven is lovely to see, just what you need on a cold winters night!
Pizza were gorgeous and staff were great. Will definitely be going back soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ok.. yes i ate here on my own and it was a busy Saturday evening however the head waiter seemed to want me out of the door as soon as possible so he could get another couple of people sat at the table.
Tried the stroganoff which was nice but not mind boggling

2  Thank EnglandTraveller2007
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a meal for four which included a single pizzabread to share for a starter, three pizza/pastas and one chicken meal with house wine and no sweet. The cost including tip came to £25 per head which is poor value for what we had. The pizza is fine but much more expensive and no better than other local Italian restaurants. We wont be visiiting it again

2  Thank Solomonbrown
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Having been twice in the last couple of weeks, once for dinner and once for lunch, I am seldom disappointed with this little restaurant. The food is varied, delicious and good value for money. The pizzas are made in a traditional log fuelled oven, the only one in Wakefield I believe. The staff are friendly and competent always with a cheery smile! Having patronised this restaurant for many years I would recommend it for any occasion!

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Ate here with a friend last night, after having not been for over a year. Food is good value for money and the pizzas really are exceptional - as they're cooked using a traditional Italian log burning oven they have a great taste and a nice thin and crispy base, very authentic. My friend had the lobster ravioli, which was also very nice. The staff were very attentive and polite and we weren't left waiting for anything. As it's a small and intimate venue I would suggest booking to avoid being disappointed. My only criticism, maybe it doesn't have the atmosphere of some Italian restaurants - there is no hustle and bustle, however this is because it is a small venue and it is nice to be able to talk to the person you're with, rather than having to shout!

1  Thank rioja83