“What a find”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We ended up popping in on the off chance there would be a table available and despite a very full Saturday evening crowd they managed to squeeze the two of us in.
The staff are friendly and charming and very attentive.

We aren't huge eaters so didn't bother with starters but the basket of bread with olives and tapenade would have been enough but we were then brought some garlic bread with tomato which was a very nice touch.

I ordered chicken milanese which was lovely and my partner had the seafood platter which he really enjoyed and looked very impressive. For half a lobster and the rest of the seafood it is also very reasonably priced.

My only constructive feedback would be that the vegetables with my main were a little overdone and tired but I was too full to eat them really but for the hungrier diner that may be more of an issue.

All in all a lovely experience and I'm sure we will be back to try more from the very expansive and appealing menu.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Ate here on Saturday night, party of four. Quickly shown to table, menus given, then waited a good 15 minutes to be asked for drinks. It was busy, but definitely not full. Drinks ordered, food ordered and came pretty quickly (a little too quickly, said my missus). Food was pretty good ( seafood risotto, lasagne, cabonara and special pizza), but the service was brusque and impersonal, which didn't make for much of a dining experience. Reasonable prices.

5  Thank deadgroovy55
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have been to this restaurant before so thought it a safe bet to take visiting friends - what a disaster! The olives arrived with flies and yes, it was a hot night, but flies everywhere does not inspire confidence. Only one of our party was ok with the food, the rest of us were all disappointed. Whilst the staff are very pleasant. the food was only ok and it would now take a lot to encourage me to return. What a shame.

5  Thank Songara
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We've been here a couple of time.
My in laws absolutely love the place and go regularly, they are on first name terms with the owners and staff, so I think this is why whenever I go I always feel that the service is brilliant.
We were greeted at the door by Staff and shown to our table, a nice table in the window.
Four of us were eating.
We were brought a bowl of fresh bread and butter, a bowl of olives and a plate of garlic / tomato pizza base as appetisers.
We had a number of dishes for starters we had scallops and bacon, a Caesar salad, and my dish was a lovely mixture of eggs, spinach all in a baked creamy sauce.
For mains we had salmon and prawn pasta, a steak, sea bass, and spaghetti marinara.
All with a couple of beers or red wine.
The staff are originally from Sicily, and this shines through in the food. This is good traditional Italian cuisine. I've been to a few regions of Italy, some touristy, some major Italian cities, and some not so touristy places, and this is without doubt on par with some of the best Italy has to offer. In fact I'd say that this is better than half of the stuff that is served up in so called nice places in Rome and Naples.

The prices aren't expensive at all, the bill was reasonable, so in my eyes it is really good value for money. I have no doubt in my mind that we will be going back here again at sometime.

I'm not fully up to speed with the other Italian options in Wakefield but this has to be up there.

The meal was washed down with a shot of limoncello, and an after eight. A nice meal, good company and we will go back

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited Rustico last night enjoyed the meal very very friendly staff had a long chat about Italy mainly Livigno with either the owner or the manager. Couldn't have been made to feel more welcome, been before and will go again.