“Top quality Italian in the centre of Wakefield”
Review of Rustico

Rustico
Ranked #70 of 447 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have eaten here twice in the past couple of weeks with friends and found the food excellent and really good value. Downstairs was busy and I felt that it would have been a good idea to have booked on the Saturday night. Service was attentive and over the two meals we found nothing to complain about - everything was a big plus. The Rustico starter contained 8 king prawns and my friend ( foodie from Worcestershire) said it was one of the best starters he had had. His Calzone with extra peperami was packed full. Over the two meals I sampled the Lasagne, Seafood salad, Risotto and antipasta - all terrific. The best of the puds was the tiramisu - but this could do with more alcohol. I will be back

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Love this place. Situated in the center of Wakefield and easily accessible from the public car parks behind the Post Office or further up near the Charlie Browns Auto-centre it is a delightful Italian Venue to visit either day or night, you choose! Very comfortable and at times very busy (book to avoid disappointment) the restaurant is pristine and comfortable. I always try to acquire a window seat so as to watch the world go by. Open for Lunch from 12.00-14.30 Mon-Thurs, and Fri-Sat 12.00-15.00 hours. Evening opening times are Mon-Sat 17.00-22.00 and Sundays 12.00-20.30. The Authentic Italian Lunchtime and evening Menus are fantastic and have huge variety so as to suit all tastes.
Main-FILLETTO STROGANOFF AL ITALIANO
Pieces of "llet steak pan fried with mushroom, onion, peppers in a tomato sauce being quite a favourite of mine. The very generous portions are perfectly presented and a delight to the taste buds, you feel that you are definitely experiencing fine dining. Whilst we were awaiting our order we were served with a gratis 10 inch garlic pizza "on the house" for our enjoyment. On announcing her garlic allergy the staff bent over backwards and spent 25 minutes going through the menu to help her choose a wonderful meal that would make her feel like she had sampled proper Italian cuisine. The staff were nothing short of marvellous. There is also a well stocked wine and spirit menu for your enjoyment and fulfillment. The restaurant itself is quite large downstairs with many tables available and there is also a very ample and adequate seating space upstairs which can be accessed by the staircase at the back of the restaurant in front of the adequately stocked bar. Ladies you will find your WC to the right of the cake counter at the back right hand side of the restaurant. Gents I believe is upstairs although I did not have call to use them. If you are a couple and looking for a romantic setting ask for one of the side tables in the corner. The staff are courteous and inquisitive and endeavour to make sure that everything with your meal is going well and that your Italian experience is delightfully running smoothly. There is also a specials (also a specials section on the menu) board and Vincenza will be only too happy to recommend a meal of the day. It's a place to pamper Wives and girlfriends alike or vice versa as in these modern times women like to treat their males to the odd meal or two :) x Long tables are in abundance so for those work functions or family get together's there is no problem with seating arrangements. A function room is also available to hire for all occasions. It's a modern business and you can email to secure a reservation. Email: reservations@dinerustico.co.uk The web site address being www.dinerustico.co.uk . For a fabulous romantic or rip roaring Authentic Italian meal you simply cannot go wrong. If you cannot eat your gastronomic delight in one sitting do not be afraid to ask to take your leftovers home in a container :)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I know Iv'e just reviewed this Restaurant, but I have to say we chose the Restaurant for our family night out. Once again Rustico's ticked all the boxes with great food and atmosphere. They were all pleased to accommodate our twelve year old son who enjoyed the night. My Wife had the Sea Bass which was cooked to perfection. I had the Rib eye steak in a Diane sauce, the steak was exactly how I asked juicy medium with a lovely rich Diane sauce "delicious". Our son chose Pizza which also was of top quality. We chose Rutico's because of it's welcoming approach, and friendly staff. I will definitely be returning.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed June 16, 2013

As a lover of italian food I had one the best italian meals ever at Rusticos in Wakefield. The seafood riscotto was delicious. The service was second to none and exceptionally friendly. The atmosphere in Rusticos was vibrant and warm. Looking forward to my return visit.

5  Thank Brendan H
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Dined in Rusticos Wednesday evening the food service and atmosphere was excellent.Its authentic Italian and food at its best.,Vincenza and Patrick were very attentive to all our needs.I had Italian meatballs in tomato sauce excellent with the best garlic bread ever.The antipasto meat and cheese selection was excellent and well presented with a superb contrast of flavours.Quality,service and value for money this restaurant is the best ive had.Thanks Antonio and all the staff for a great evening a truly special Italian experience,Eddie

2  Thank brian e