“New years eve” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rustico

Rustico
Ranked #62 of 403 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“New years eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Went for the meal yesterday with friends & the food was excellent though rather a lot.
I think smaller portions need considering especially as there are Olives & bread on the table before a meal has been ordered!
As usual the staff were polite & friendly. The only downside was that we were upstairs as there were only 3 of us but there was no real atmosphere or much of a party spirit. But there was music from the iPod maybe it was too loud & took over the atmosphere. Other than that no complaints & compliments to the chef

• Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Nothing too much trouble - nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I have eaten at Rusticos many times. Last night we went along to celebrate our daughters 13th birthday. We were greeted with a warm welcome, and as always well looked after, nothing is too much trouble. My daughter, who is vegetarian, by mistake ordered a pizza which contained meat - her fault. This was rectified immediately and we weren't charged any extra. My daughter was made a fuss of and was given a celebratory icecream.

• Visited December 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
“Disgusting and worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had the misfortune to eat here (for the first time) a few days ago with some friends and my daughter.

Where to start, we were greeted by staff who were neither interested in us nor really cared if we were there or not (actually my daughter was greeted slightly differently, waiters trying to force feed her wine!!!!, (oh yes, called banter apparently!!)

Our order was so messed up that I cant really comment fully on the food other than the garlic mushrooms, a salty dish of poor quality out of date cheap slime, not really a nice start.

On to the main....... well actually i ordered seafood pasta, and received a sea food pizza!!!(close!!!) this was bland, sick looking and not cooked, soggy and pale, the whole thing looked like it had been for a swim in the sea, if i had have eaten it (btw i didn't) I'm sure i would have either been either very ill or possibly not even here to write this review.

In general the place was a shambles, the food was dreadful, the staff overly attentive, I saw the sliminess of the waiters (banter, sorry that was flirting and on a grand scale) there was no issue of us not liking the place as it was our first time there, but creepy staff, dirty uncooked food, mixed up orders, Sorry but not close to good enough.

Please take my advice and avoid this place like the plague (please see my other reviews to see i'm neither some local with a grudge, nor someone who knows nothing about food, i'm just used to honest food and above all honest people. if i make critical comments they are there as much to inform the restaurant about how to address the issues, as they are to inform other potential customers. please read the response from the owner to my daughters message, its not very helpful to other customers nor is it it the truth. (an open letter to the local news paper The Wakefield Express is on its way)

Really its is not even worth continuing, only to say that there will be no return trip, and i expect that the owner (Italian!!! oh yeah!!!) will no doubt post some nonsense response. just avoid the place, simple, take a short walk up the street to the Cow Shed.

• Visited December 2012
7 Thank Paul T
“Great pasta!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I came here with my friends for lunch and I had pasta which was cooked to.perfection it was absolutely delicious we all loved it and the atmosphere and service was to a good standard really enjoyed my choice at this Italian restaurant I highly recommend here for a nice dinner.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“decent not fantastic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Been here a few times, food is fairly low priced. But its reflected in the quality. There is nothing 'wrong'. But nothing great.
If you want a cheapish meal out then go here. The problem is that there are many other better places on the same street.

The service is always good though.

• Visited November 2012