“Disappointing visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Woodham, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing visit”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Saturday evening visit got off to a bad start with the restaurant feeling very cold. Starters were a good portion and tasty but the main course didn't meet the same expectations. Think we were forgotten about after asking for the check as waited some time. Long time since our last visit - we will not be rushing back.

• Visited January 2014

Whitby, United Kingdom
“wont be eating from there ever again, wasted my money! 2nd time iv had awful curry from here,silly of me to try again.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Spent £33 or I should say wasted £33 at garden of india, chicken dopiaza was ultra bright red, lacked taste,very bland,worst curry iv ever tasted, had few tastes and left it to go in bin, my son had tikka masala, he loves tikka masala but ate very small ammount and that went in bin to, husband managed to eat his vindaloo but said not the best.I use to get food from garden of india all the time in the past but stopped as went downhill,thought id give it another go but wasted my good money.never again! We could do with some decent indian take aways in Darlington as I often visit manchester and there curry is how a proper indian curry should be.I love indian food and keep trying to find a great quality 5 star hygiene restraunt, with delivery service available, I m starting to use tripadvisor to warm me where to stay clear from as not to waste my hard earned money on disgusting food.

• Visited January 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fairly Decent Place”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very authentic Indian Restaurant. I visited n my own on a cold Monday night - only a few patrons and was looked after very well by the staff who who polite and courteous. Decent selction of reasonably priced drinks. Menu fairly extensive and typical Indian fayre with a few house specials. The curry was fine - not outstanding, nor poor. Side orders very nice. Didn't have to wait long for service. Would recommend - but perhaps would be better as a group.

• Visited November 2013
Darlington
“Best Indian in North East awesome food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Best Indian meal I've ever had, I went to garden of India last night with my family and we all said that food and service was awesome! Nice traditional Indian deco which I've never seen it before, now days it's all modern I don't like that an Indian restaurant should be like an Indian. Thanks to all the staff for your lovely and friendly welcoming. For sure we will be back soon.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Decent food at good Prices”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We booked as a four using a Groupon deal I purchased a few months ago. The food was really tasty and not too hot, the service was very good but I expected this as we visited on a Wednesday night and thought it would not be too busy. The wine was ok and reasonably priced.
I've read a few comments about not being able to use your Groupon deal if you order food above the deal price, this is not true, if you order something more expensive than the deal limit you just pay the extra.

• Visited November 2013