“Ok, tasted better”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
north east
“Ok, tasted better”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Went with a groupon voucher on a Sunday evening, there was only us and another couple in. We were allowed to order a starter up to £4.25 and main upto £7.95, could order above that but will have to pay the difference. Groupon voucher does not cover rice, naan breads etc.
To start I had chicken chat, that was nice and hot, and quite a large portion. My husband had chicken tikka, only got 4 small pieces. For main course I had chicken korma it came with real pieces of coconut, was very creamy, but the chicken had black veins in it, which put me off. The other main course was lamb tikka mint, very vinegary.
I had a coffee, which was that strong I could have stood the spoon up in, might be awake all night, ha ha. Overall it was ok, but there are nicer Indian restaurants in Darlington.
Customer service was below average, did what he had to do and no more. Wouldn't be in a rush to go back. We sat in the window, to make it look busy, overlooking a sex shop opposite ha ha

Visited June 2013

Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great meal in a great place”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

As a regular visitor to this restraurant, I commend it highly. The decor sets the scene for a goodnight. The atmosphere is great, the satff courteous and friendly and the menu is exciting.. I have never had a disappointing meal here, and one member of my family who tends to be a severe critic of restraurants reckons this to be his best Inidan experienc ever. The food is always good with generous portions, and there is never any pressure to leave the table as soon as the meal is over. I heartily recmmend the Garden of India.

northwest
“Great garden of India”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here a few times. Always really impressed with the quality of food. Fresh, delicious and cooked to our liking.

Service is excellent and you really feel very well looked after.

Overall this place has the right mix of everything and we're always stuffed! Thanks guys :-)

• Visited May 2013
“Quality food and lovely service.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a restaurant to take my girlfriend for a special occasion and really wanted to try somewhere new and I'd heard that this place had very good quality food.

I wasn't disappointed. The service was superb and although the restaurant was a little quiet, I think that's mainly down to Darlington not being as busy anymore generally.

I would recommend anyone to try this restaurant. The choice of food was varied and I personally like a hot curry. The podhina zaal chicken is tremendous!! ...and very hot!!!

We weren't disappointed and a lovely finishing touch was a complimentary liqueur to end our meal.

North East England, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We visit the garden of India very regular - as it's our favourite Indian restaurant in the area - the best in Darlington by far -
Always consistently good and authentic -

The staff are always very friendly and courteous -

One to be recommended -
Good sized portions and plenty of choice -
And doesn't taste like supermarket curries - as some do in the area -

Will be back again soon -