“A great meal in a great place”
Review of Garden of India - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 20, 2013

As a regular visitor to this restraurant, I commend it highly. The decor sets the scene for a goodnight. The atmosphere is great, the satff courteous and friendly and the menu is exciting.. I have never had a disappointing meal here, and one member of my family who tends to be a severe critic of restraurants reckons this to be his best Inidan experienc ever. The food is always good with generous portions, and there is never any pressure to leave the table as soon as the meal is over. I heartily recmmend the Garden of India.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here a few times. Always really impressed with the quality of food. Fresh, delicious and cooked to our liking.

Service is excellent and you really feel very well looked after.

Overall this place has the right mix of everything and we're always stuffed! Thanks guys :-)

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a restaurant to take my girlfriend for a special occasion and really wanted to try somewhere new and I'd heard that this place had very good quality food.

I wasn't disappointed. The service was superb and although the restaurant was a little quiet, I think that's mainly down to Darlington not being as busy anymore generally.

I would recommend anyone to try this restaurant. The choice of food was varied and I personally like a hot curry. The podhina zaal chicken is tremendous!! ...and very hot!!!

We weren't disappointed and a lovely finishing touch was a complimentary liqueur to end our meal.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We visit the garden of India very regular - as it's our favourite Indian restaurant in the area - the best in Darlington by far -
Always consistently good and authentic -

The staff are always very friendly and courteous -

One to be recommended -
Good sized portions and plenty of choice -
And doesn't taste like supermarket curries - as some do in the area -

Will be back again soon -

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a meal last saturday night with my family and it was the best indian i've ever had! Food and service was spot on like always. I love coming to this restaurant the staffs are extremly welcoming, atmosphere is so good you feel like your in india and the deco is so traditional that's what i love about this place.