“Delicious food but where's the reggae music?”
Review of Ochis Restaurant - CLOSED

Ochis Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The food was absolutely delicious and the slap and to tickle cocktail was gorgeous! Service was brilliant. I just felt that it lacked a little in ambience, some Caribbean style music would've made it better. Will definitely be going back though :D

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ended up in Darlington on my own for the weekend providing rescue services to croft circuit. Stumbled upon Dennis and his stunning place by accident. This was a few years ago. The food was superb as was the personal service from Dennis and his staff. I recommended to a friend living locally who raved also. I was alone but was made to feel totally at home and part of the family and ill never forget Dennis or the quality he provided. I'm writing this Dom Abu Dhabi where I've lived for three years. The quality of service and food here is stunning....but I'd put Dennis above anything I've had here and ill go back as soon as I'm able

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Visited early on a Saturday night. We had attentive staff. We had tasty starters. My creamy mushrooms were lovely. I was slightly disappointed at the quantity of food for the money. It is mainly Caribbean food. Had a jerk chicken with rice'n'peas, but I wasn't sure if this was good value for money. The food was good though. However the cocktails we ordered here were good value and very nice! I expected some ethnic restaurant or staff, but altho' the food was very tasty and ethnic, there lacked the authentic touch. The restaurant was clean, I'm not sure what the earlier reviewer said. Also the restaurant is upstairs, so not sure how disabled people might access it. It also does takeaway.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Recently went to Ochis with a group of friends the food was great thourghly enjoyed every dish. A great selection on Wine and Champagnes with sensible prices to suit. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am a volunteer with a small charity in Darlington. We organised an awareness event & wanted an African theme to the evening. I asked Ochis if they could help us in this & they couldn't have responded better!
Lee, the chef, even researched African food options & gave us a great menu with five different dishes (the plantain went in about ten seconds!).
Everybody loved the food, meat eaters & vegitarians alike, as it was so different from the usual function buffet. I would definatly use Ochis again & recommend them.

1  Thank SusiD11876