“Overnight”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Darlington
durham
“Overnight”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Spent the Saturday night here with the wife ,wanted to get there early to experience the spa but unfortunately didn't arrive till seven so can't comment on that aspect .so the room was a nice and comfortable ,plenty of tea and coffee bathroom was adequate but I think the shower was a bit low if your over six foot will probably give your shoulders a good clean,
The hotel itself could do with a spruce up ,it looks very dated the staff were very pleasant ,could comment on breakfast as we didn't make it as we had a late night but reception did say they would of brought it to the room :-( .

Room Tip: The car park was quite full but you could still park near.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear ​hyperkev

​Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us​. I am pleased that you were satisfied with your room and the facilities on offer and I am thrilled that the staff who served you were pleasant also.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future, where hopefully you will have time to enjoy the complimentary use of the health club and enjoy a hearty breakfast.

Lucy Readshaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

So I work in Darlington and I'm currently testing out the hotels until I find one that I like. My colleagues stay at the Hall Garth, but I'm not keen on it there (in fact I need to write a review for there), so this time I tried this place.

The main areas are pretty nice, the bar and restaurant is decorated well and the set menu was amazing, the only thing that let this place down was the room. I was in room 50, this is via a door on the 3rd floor, this area of the hotel hasn't been decorated to the standard of the rest of the hotel. Maybe I just didn't get lucky with the room? Oh and it only had one big towel.

Would I stay again....? Probably not, until I've tried out a few of the other hotels in Darlington.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lockettx
Dear ​lockettx

Thank you for for taking the time to share you feedback following your recent business stay with us.

I am delighted that you liked our decor and setting but offer my apologies that your room did not meet your expectations. We offer 60 bedrooms, all varying in size, decor and styling and we operate a comprehensive redecoration schedule, maintaining all bedrooms and refurbishment as required.

I do apprecaite your feedback and do hope, that following your research of other hotels, you find that our price point, food quality, facilities (including use of our state of the art health club, located just a mile away) make us your hotel of choice for future stays.

gateshead, tyne and wear
Reviewed November 20, 2013

my husband and I were on a heavenly bliss spa break from Sunday until Monday. when we arrived we were booked in by very friendly reception staff and then shown straight to our room. the room had good tea/coffee making facilities, tv etc. the room was very comfortable and clean but the décor could do with a little sprucing up. the bathroom was very clean with plenty of towels and nice toiletries. as we were on a spa break dinner and breakfast was included. dinner was to the value of 2 courses each so we added ours both together, opted for the steak and wine which we had to pay a little extra for. the food was delicious but could have done with a few more chips as they were served in a little chip basket and only had 9 chips in it so it did work out a little expensive. breakfast was very good but on the menu it did say it had black pudding with it but came with fried potatoes instead. we enjoyed staying at the hotel and would probably go there again. i couldn't comment on value as it was a gift so don't know how much it cost

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ​pebblesrd

Thank you for for taking the time to share you feedback following your recent spa break with us.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and that the facilities, service and food, were to your liking.
​I offer my apologies that your breakfast was missing black pudding, this should have been serves as well as the potatoes. I will share this feeeback with my kitchen team.

Lucy Readshaw, General Manager
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

First stay in this hotel. Found it on internet search for this area. The welcome was happy and helpful and this was the staffs approach for all the stay. Always obliging. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. It was well appointed with tea-making facilities, Digital TV. Extra pillows,Trouser press. etc. We stayed on a BB basis. The breakfast was all good quality. Good range of juices, yoghurts, fresh fruit salad as well as really good cooked breakfast choices. Would I stay again - yes! One thing that would help would be better signage to the hotel from the road.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear ​bertie52​

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read your comments regarding the service you received from all the team here.​​

​Your compliments regarding your room, food quality, food selection and facilities are received with thanks.​

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future​.​

Glasgow, UK
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel clean, warm and well appointed. Food good and good value. Compared with Malmaison in Newcastle it is the same price but a whole level below Malmaison's excellence. Good, but a bit expensive. I would use it again as it appears too be the best in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank vecopas
Dear ​vecopas​

​Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed good food, warm and clean accommodation and all at a good price.

​We offer a competitive price for our services and whilst a comparison to Malmaison is a compliment, their headline rates are significantly higher than ours.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future​, as you say, we are the best place to stay in Darlington.​

manchester
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My Fiancée and I Stayed here as part of an Overnight Spa Escape which he had bought him for his birthday. We went to the SPA first, the staff here were really friendly and helpful and facilities were very nice and clean and was nice to chill out for a couple of hours in a relaxing environment,
We then went over to the hotel which I thought was beautiful, decor was lovely very boutique like, staff were really friendly and check in was quick and efficient. Room was lovely, very clean and spacious enough for the 2 of us. We had dinner in the restaurant which was also nice and I thought good value, although we had dinner included in our package I opted for Steak which was a £4.00 supplement which I thought was very reasonable (I expected it to be more if I'm honest as most places tend to charge more for steak). Breakfast in the morning again was nice with plenty of hot and cold options. Overall we had a great time :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear littlechef1

I was delighted to read your review following your recent spa break with us. For the team here, to know that you were both so happy with the hotel, your room, the service and quality of the food, is very rewarding for us.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Birmingham UK
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed here on a number of occasions, mainly on business and I have always been pleased with the service and ambiance of the hotel. Staff are friendly, polite and courteous with nothing too much trouble. Very good restaurant with varied choice and good value for money. Breakfast service also good with a wide selection to cover all tastes. Will be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear The_Canny_Scot

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Hotel, following your most recent stay with us. As a regular visitor, I am thrilled that you consistently receive find the staff to be polite and courteous where ‘nothing is too much trouble’, great food offering good variety and have been able to enjoy the ambience of our lovely building.

Lucy Readshaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darlington
Blackwell Grange Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,072 reviews

Been to The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington? Share your experiences!