“Very Welcoming and Cozy”

Woodland Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this lovely guest house in Darlington in the run up to a job interview. It's such a lovely little place and the owner was very inviting and courteous. It's the first time I've really stayed in a guest house during my travels and this Accomodation was also very close to town and where I needed to be. Very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 7, 2013

our stay at the woodland guesthouse was excellent , Mo was a lovely person ,the place was lovely a clean ,and breakfast was fantastic .We will stay again on our next trip to Darlington ,send our love to Ralph , thanks mo paul&sue

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I regularly stay here at Mo's B&B, I have tried out a few other B&B's but this is definitely the best! Which is why I keep returning. Mo is such a warm, welcoming and accommodating person, it really does feel like a home. The place is immaculate, and you can tell Mo takes great pride in running her B&B. Dressing gowns are provided and you have full use of the house. Breakfast is lovely - and there is such a lot to choose from! Cereals, cereal bars, fruit, fresh juice, hot drinks, as well as a cooked breakfast - at a time you choose. The house has a lovely living room which is very sociable. I look forward to my trips up to Darlington because I know I will get looked after here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Such a nice comfortable stay very nice place to stay very good service and excellent breakfast such a welcome guesthouse would defintly stay there again when I visit dargington also very cheap prices for gof quilty

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed by myself at this guest house and I must say, Mo is one of the most genuine and most accommodating persons you will ever meet. She showed me round the guest house and where to find things I might need, she provides free wifi and the beds..... OMG the beds are soooooooo comfy, you don't want to get out of bed in the morning! I had never stayed in Darlington before and although I had a friend come and visit during my stay, she made me feel at home and could not have done more for me. We had a bit of a giggle in the morning as she accidentally bought chipolatas instead of normal sausages, but im not going to hold it against her, we all make genuine mistakes, saying that, the breakfast was lovely, a very nice spread and nothing was burnt on my cooked breakfast. I will definately be staying again and look forward to seeing Mo and her cat, and I will strongly advise others looking for a home from home to be booking into this guest house too!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My sister and I happened upon the Woodland Guesthouse completely by accident after arriving in Darlington for a family party. It was great to have somewhere comfortable and friendly to rest our heads and my family couldn't believe we had found somewhere so highly recommended just down the road (despite living in the area for 20+ years!)

Mo is a very welcoming and down-to-earth person and we both felt completely at home at the Guesthouse. Unfortunately, Mo wasn't very well when we visited so she had arranged for other guests to be transferred elsewhere - the fact that she allowed us to stay despite her illness, because she knew we had family on the same street was a lovely touch - we were very grateful. We didn't have breakfast at the Guesthouse because Mo was poorly, but she very kindly knocked some money off the price of the room to compensate. Another great touch was that she put my sister and I in the family room rather than the twin room, because my sister mentioned that she liked a powerful shower and easy access to the bathroom.

Recommended to the rest of my family - without a doubt, we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Mo is such a friendly lady and makes you feel thoroughly welcome from the off. She immediatley shows you around the house and where everything is, gives you the key to the front door so you can come and go as you need to. She serves a wonderful selection of breakfast in the morning, cereals, fruit, yogurts, toast, cooked breakfast, you name it! You can tell she loves her guesthouse and loves meeting the people that stay there. I was quite sad to leave, but when we did she came to the door and even waved us off! A very friendly, welcoming and rememberable stay and I would highly recommend this guesthouse to everyone.

Room Tip: If you are older and a little unsteady do not choose the twin attic room as it has thin steep stairs...