“Amazing!”

Sol Tapas
Ranked #6 of 273 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Sol Tpas, there are 41 delicious tapas dishes to choose from that evoke the culture and flavour of Spain. You'll find all your favourite seafood, meat and vegetarian tapas dishes, as well as ones you've never experienced before. Or why not choose the popular set menu, which is ideal if you're new to tapas? Just tell the waiter your food preferences and we'll keep the tapas dishes coming till you say stop. Our tapas menu is inspired by Italian, Moroccan and Spanish food, and there's meat, fish and vegetarian dishes to choose from. We change our menu regularly so there's always plenty of variety of flavours to tempt your taste buds with. The enjoyment doesn't stop at the food. Our comprehensive wine list and bar promises to have a drink to suit every palate, no matter what the occasion. So why not book your table tonight and treat yourself to a fantastic Spanish dining experience to remember?
Co. Durham, England
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were going to have a meal at a restaurant on Sat 20th July when we passed by this amazing tapas restaurant and decided to give it a try. We weren't expecting anything great but "the food surpassed our imagination" (my son's words). That's why its good not to judge a book by its cover. The food tasted awesome and the service was excellent (they were very efficient). We didn't have to wait long for our food.
The only downside is the floor (a bit dusty).
I would recommend this place and will definitely go there again.

Darlington
“First time having tapas, loved it!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Loved the food, service was excellent. :) couldn't fault it. It was my first time having tapas and I'll definitely be going back.

Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
“Another scrumptious meal”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had an early dinner (5pm Friday) and were the first diners of the night. Service was swift as usual, the food was great… as usual. I had the black pudding to start, my friend had the goat cheese, whilst mine was still a very generous portion it was actually smaller than last time, when I think I got two pieces of black pudding rather than one…. I’m not complaining as I don’t eat much but I hope they are not going down the route of scaling down the portions on the offer… always a shame when restaurants do that.

Anywhoo… I then had the cod which was nothing short of amazing… mixed with the sauce and rice it was out of this world.
My friend had the chicken with prawns and it looked lovely.
Two courses for £7.95 – what more can you ask for!

Visited June 2013
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Nice but thats about it sadly”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went here with my partner on a Saturday evening recently.

I have been at Christmas and had a fantastic meal off a set menu - at Christmas the main courses were tapas with accompaniments eg Chicken in sauce as the tapas with salad and potatas bravas and it was fantastic food and atmosphere.

When we went on the Saturday at roughly 8.30 we were given a table straight away which was great. We were given the set menu/a la carte menu which had a good choice but I agree with a previous review that it was a shame that this stemmed around large meals then maybe a certain number of tapas for a set price.

We had fried prawns and also the mussels and chorizo starters.
The Mussels were fantastic, sauce amazing and the big chunk of bread with it made it even yummier for dipping in the beautiful sauce.
The fried prawns were simply that... on a plate... which I suppose is what we ordered but disappointing in comparison.

The mains were the steak, and the Lebanese chicken.
The steak was cooked well but the sauce was watery and over all just fine.
The Lebanese chicken was a kebab really, plain grilled chicken on a skewer with salad, a pitta bread and some hummus.

There was also a Lebanese meze that came with it, I had asked in advance what was in it and told it was potato in a sauce with some vegetables.... my first bite of potato, the sauce tasted like lamb, there was chunks of lamb in it. I don't like lamb so left it but it was a shame I hadn't been told, I am not a vegetarian so I was disappointed but not furious or upset.

We didn't have puddings as there wasn't anything we fancied.

We had two courses each, 2 beers and 2 large wines I was about £50 ish, as I said it was nice over all but nothing in comparison to Christmas I would go back but not in a big hurry

• Visited June 2013
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Underwhelming but OK”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Friday lunchtime, hadnt booked, but not busy and got a table for two straight away. Very small restaurant and small tables. Expecting a Tapas style approach of small dishes, instead the menu is focused around starters and mains.

Food was OK, service OK ambience was cool. Service good Not sure if it would be the same at busy periods.

Wouldn't go back unless they focused on the smaller authentic Tapas dishes.