“very good”

Sol Tapas
Ranked #8 of 280 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Sol Tpas, there are 41 delicious tapas dishes to choose from that evoke the culture and flavour of Spain. You'll find all your favourite seafood, meat and vegetarian tapas dishes, as well as ones you've never experienced before. Or why not choose the popular set menu, which is ideal if you're new to tapas? Just tell the waiter your food preferences and we'll keep the tapas dishes coming till you say stop. Our tapas menu is inspired by Italian, Moroccan and Spanish food, and there's meat, fish and vegetarian dishes to choose from. We change our menu regularly so there's always plenty of variety of flavours to tempt your taste buds with. The enjoyment doesn't stop at the food. Our comprehensive wine list and bar promises to have a drink to suit every palate, no matter what the occasion. So why not book your table tonight and treat yourself to a fantastic Spanish dining experience to remember?
Reviewed March 21, 2013

On our wedding anniversary we wanted to go somewhere we hadn`t eaten before so we went to the sol tapas in town we were very impressed it was small but very friendly the meal was very good 3 courses for £10 .The staff very attentive and pleasant food well served an very hot witch i like.For £44 with a bottle of wine and a beer and a glass of wine when we first went in we thought it good value for money.

There are newer reviews for Sol Tapas

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times now and the quality of food is excellent. The food is very tasty and is always piping hot. The sangria is nice and fruity. I have eaten off the set tapas menu before and this is excellent value. They keep bringing mixed dishes at steady intervals until your party says no more! Lovely restaurant. We are going again tonight. Can't wait.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to sol tapas and what can I say the food was amazing. I recommend the chorizo in cider never tasted something so nice. And the service was outstanding. Couldn't do enough for us even though we were a very awkward group. Overall I would recommend this establishment to anyone whether for a catch up with friends or a celebration.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I would say that Sol Tapas is best described as a Spanish restaurant, rather than a tapas bar. The tapas menu is pretty pricey, with large portions not what I would typically consider tapas and due to this I would say there's an inclination to not share as you would normally. The lunchtime/early evening deal is an absolute bargain however and the food really is delicious, however the service was pretty poor. If you're fancying a Spanish meal and just want to eat your own plate of food, this is the place for you. If you're fancying a more traditional tapas sharing experience, I'd head to The Old Yard.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Have visited this restaurant now on several occasions and the food is always delicious. Every meal my wife and myself have had has been wonderful and we have never had the same meal twice. One thing that is a little disappointing is the price of the alcohol which does seem rather pricey. Overall it is a lovely atmosphere with excellent food.