“Best food in darlington”
Review of The Copper Beech

The Copper Beech
Ranked #19 of 315 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Think I've had everything off the menu and never had a bad meal. Everything is so delicious. Full plates turn into empty plates and full belly. Amazing food and staff

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (345)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

As soon as we walked in staff greeted us with a friendly and welcoming smile.

Extensive menu so something for everyone and staff had instant response to our menu questions.

All three of us were impressed with our meals which were a good size, cooked well and very tasty.

Marie, the restaurant manager was very helpful and a pleasure to speak with.

1  Thank Explore67203691671
Reviewed January 9, 2020

visited on monday , meet at door by the manager shown quickly to a table and drinks order taken. Looking at menu drinks arrived. Meal was served in a good time and very tasty, where asked if we wanted any more drinks and was our food good. The lady manager couldnt do enough for us will be returning very son :)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Dining for my nieces birthday with family. 3 of us arrived 10 minutes before our booking and informed the lady behind the bar in the restaurant. We were met with "two secs" from the lady who obviously had a rough day. I remarked to a member of my family that it was nice to be happy in a job, to which this lady snapped back "ive gotta be 2 secs, ok?". Maybe I shouldn't have made that remark to my family member, but i had not experienced a good first impression. We were asked if we could wait by a second person - not a problem as we were early - while she prepared and rest our table.
On being served at the bar, the impression was given that the staff were very busy (despite the room not being full) as staff spoke loudly enough to each other about wanting to provide drinks at a table service and wanted to stop people coming to the bar, so that I could hear. I felt that their conversation was aimed at me as I was waiting to be served. Had I known table service was being used,I would certainly have waited at the table.
Despite these first impressions, everything else was good. The lady that dealt with our table and order, was pleasant and courteous as we were all sat. The staff seemed to know their products and offered us extras if we wanted them. We were checked on as to how we were enjoying the meal and asked if more drinks were needed. We did have to wait a while after ordering and became a little restless as we waited, but once the food arrived it was beautiful. All of our party enjoyed the meals we were served with no complaints at all. Compliments to the chef.

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

Always a warm welcome from attentive staff who even when busy are friendly and efficient. Lovely food. Very well priced. Thank you