“Lovely food, great cocktails and friendly staff”
Review of Marco Polo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I opted for the happy hour menu, which had a lot of choices on compared to other places with happy hours. You could choose between the happy hour menu or the A La Carte menu. I had a cocktail which was beautifully presented and very tasty, the vegetable risotto starter, which was very nicely cooked, and the salmon tagliatelle, which had lovely large pieces of salmon in it. Everyone I was with really enjoyed their food, and although they were busy, we weren't rushed to leave at all. The staff were very friendly and service was fantastic. I can't wait to go back and try the A La Carte as the menu had some very nice dishes on it. Would recommend!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good staff, good food, good atmosphere. Only downside, drinks are expensive, but that's the same pretty much anywhere.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

family group of mixed ages.Something to suit all of us.Did 5pm happy hour,great value.Good atmosphere just nicely busy with good fresh food.Will defo go there again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Went for my pals hen night meal just 4 of us lovely food, service & a few cheeky cocktails. We would go again and sample more of the menu.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I visited Marco Pollo last week when I was away with work. From the outside the place doesn't look very special, however it has a nice feel to it on the inside.

There was a good choice of food on the menu. I opted for the Salmon which was excellently cooked and well presented. My colleague had a steak which he said was the best he has ever had.

The value for money wasn't too bad, and the service was good. I would definitely come here again if I'm visiting Darlington.