“Wasn't great and probably won't return”

Clervaux Artisan Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Darlington
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Clervaux Artisan Bakery and Cafe bakes a wide range of delicious artisan breads from our central bakery every day. The cafe also sells a wide range of interesting and varied breakfasts, light lunches, snacks and treats using organic and local ingredients. This is a social enterprise supporting vulnerable young adults enrolled with Clervaux Trust, a local charity. We provide therapeutic and vocational training in bakery and kitchen for Clervaux students, improving their self esteem and quality of life as well as providing a path towards independent living and self sufficiency.
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited with my daughter and a friend and her son for brunch on Sunday. Requested scrambled egg instead of fried egg for my cooked breakfast and was told it would be extra as it incurred an extra egg considering it's £7.95 thought it was excessive (thankfully I didn't have to pay as swapped the black pudding for an extra egg) my daughter had a ciabatta pizza, which was half of a baguette with two slices of tomato and melted cheese. My friends son had toast which was cut to thickly and dully hurt his mouth both children left their meals unfortunately. Which meant buying brownies at a further £2.25. Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for food however I don't feel that cleaveux' have the pricing quite right nor is the children's menu..! One of the waitresses is lovely and clearly is made for public facing roles she made the experience more enjoyable !!

There are newer reviews for Clervaux Artisan Bakery and Cafe

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I first saw them on Britain's Best Bakery - and wasn't disappointed!

It's a lovely cafe in an amazing bakers shop. There's a great choice of bread and cakes (and good coffee) and you can look through the window and watch your bread being made. Everything we had was delicious.

Best of all this business helps the Clervaux Trust to support young people and vulnerable adults. You come away feeling the world is a better place :-).

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I've heard about this place but never actually visited before. Really enjoyed a coffee and scone in pleasant surroundings. Staff were pleasant and will return soon.
I might even take up a bread making course in the future!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very nice atmosphere. Staff very friendly, polite, and efficient. Great coffees and fully recommend the full breakfast! Nice lunches too. It is pricier than other places but you pay for local, organic produce and, for example, the bacon isn't the wafer-thin rubbish you might be able to get elsewhere. Some people will always find something to complain about but I think they might struggle here!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had tea and one of the best cheese scones ever! Even the tea was excellent. The cafe was clean tidy and the staff and service was excellent.Hope I get a seat next time we visit Northallerton, it was late when we visited were amazed at the amount of fresh cakes and scones still available.Really good couldn't fault it.