“much improved”

The Carlbury Arms
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

hadnt been here for a while but was very pleasantly surprised when we called in for lunch all been redecorated an the food was very nice

Reviewed August 18, 2012

a very pleasant eaterie, have had Sunday lunch here a few times. The decor is fresh ,clean and modern and the food plentiful and delicious. Do not expect a pub interior.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We ate in here whilst holidaying in the area. The pub is very modern inside and really quite cosy. The food was good although one of the members of our party of 4 felt the gravy was overly salty which spoilt it a bit for him. The staff were all very friendly and helpful but we are not sure if they were just disorganised or were spread too thinly for the number of diners, but service was slow and often lacking. For example we ordered 3 desserts but only 2 arrived and the 3rd had to be chased up and arrived once the other 2 had finished. A few things were dropped a long the way and just a general feeling of 'novice' which is a shame because generally everything else made for a perfect evening out. I would go back if ever in the area again and I would recommend to others - we may just have been unlucky on that particular evening.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Nice environment and good quality meat and vegetables all served well and good value at £9.95 for 1 course. Tender and tasty meat and no "ding ding ping food" here!! Home cooked to perfection
Was there yesterday in a party of 5 and thankfully had booked a table as lunchtime service was busy
The website gives a good impression and an accurate reflection of the restuarant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I absolutely love My Sunday lunch and this place without doubt has one of the best, thick slabs of tender beef, loads of home cooked vegetables , a homemade Yorkshire pudding and delicious beef gravy. It was simply as good as I could make at home. I didn't try the desserts as I was full but they were homemade from what I could see. Portion sizes all generous, my only concern is that we came around 1.30pm and it was starting to get very busy, I would definately book a table next time. The atmosphere is homely and rustic, a great place for kicking back and enjoying a Sunday. I highly recommend.