“Lovely pub just eat before you go there.”

The White Heifer That Travelled
Ranked #188 of 289 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This pub is great to meet friends for drinks, the pub looks lovely inside but the food is terrible. Drinks are really cheap so just know what to expect and you will have a great time.

1  Thank DarlingtonWatsons

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Having been here 4 times since we moved to the area, I would say that the food is better than most pub chains, as is the service (unless busy, which is to be expected when they don't accept orders at the bar). I can recommend if you want a family meal at a reasonable price and better quality than weatherspoons etc

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Chicken tikka masala, sloppy and no mango sauce like the menu says.
Burger, ok but the lettuce had obviously seen better days.
Children's ham and cheese pizza, poor quality and frozen style chips.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went with family for a meal on a sunny Saturday afternoon. I have been a few times and not been impressed with the food but I was told that it is under new management and thought I would give it another try.

The pub itself is great and the beer is good too, but the food is a massive let down. We all ordered different things and although there were 7 of us eating, only one enjoyed their meal. The portions were very small and somehow it was just tasteless. I would have sent mine back but nobody bothered to do a check back so I didn't get the opportunity. Also when ordering the server that took our order wasn't able to answer a few simple questions about the items on the menu.

All in all I think my experience mirrors what most of the other reviewers have put in their reviews and I'll not be in a hurry to return/recommend this place!

2  Thank andylee210
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went as suggested by my girlfriend was quiet we sat down waited nobody came to take our order so my girlfriend went to the bar and got told to sit down and someone will take our order ordered our food I ordered a chicken burger and ended up getting a beef burger once I got the food I wanted after eating plates were just left and nobody came to collect them so I went to the bar to order desserts got told to sit and wait for somebody to take our order got desserts which were nice but felt forgotten about in overall visit