“**STOP PRESS**STOP PRESS**NO NEED TO LOOK ANY FURTHER**”

Balmoral Guest House Darlington
Ranked #1 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Ashford, United Kingdom
“**STOP PRESS**STOP PRESS**NO NEED TO LOOK ANY FURTHER**”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay in Darlington then you have found it! There is no need to look any further, whatever your price range. You'll be wasting your money anywhere else. There certainly is no need for a swanky hotel, which I must add you will not find within 10 minutes walk of the town centre

I have been coming here on and off over the last year and I'm yet to find a fault. How can you fault an owner (called Andy by the way) who will pick you up from the train station when you arrive and if you need it, take you wherever you wanted, during your stay (within reason I'm sure)?

The room's are comfortable, the house has the feel of home. the people who frequent are nice and friendly and since I have spent a number of weeks here I should know. I love it!

I have not yet commented on the breakfast. This will out do most 4 star hotels. Cooked to order with pretty much any combination of items, you do not wait long before you are presented with great tasting food. As the week goes on its difficult not to put weight on, it's so nice.

To summarise, you will not; cannot; get better value anywhere in the UK. Its cheap in price but not in quality and I wonder how the Guest House can make money considering the price they charge (it's outstanding). I won't be raising that however until I have left ;-).

Well done, The Balomoral....and thanks x

Room Tip: Room 9 is big with ensuite
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Mu aunt booked me in to stay, other members of our family stayed there previously .......very clean and tidy, great selection for breakfast. Room lovely and big..................just what was needed to chill out..............even tea and coffee making facilities in room.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.......................

Andrew even does a station run.......................

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time that I stayed with Balmoral. The first time was in 2011 for six weeks, and when I knew that I would have to visit Darlington again in June 2014, I had no hesitation in contacting Andrew. The rooms are excellent and every detail has been carefully looked at. Breakfast is the speciality of this place and it ensures the day starts perfectly with some delicious delicacies. Andrew ensures personal attention to all your needs and would never leave any stone unturned. Earlier I had stayed in some popular hotels in town centre of Darlington, however Balmoral scores by miles in comparison with them. I have no hesitation in strongly recommending this place and look forward to visit and stay here again... Great work Andrew and team

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I came across this guesthouse on the internet and from the time I phoned up to book till we left the staff were so warm, welcoming, friendly, and polite!! I went with my children aged 17 and 12. The rooms were lovely and bright, clean and tidy, very comfy beds and every detail had been thought about!! The breakfast was delicious quality aswell as quantity!! I would recommend this place to anyone it was a pleasure staying here and we would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

A rather last minute need for accommodation in Darlington for the duration of 10 weeks being on summer internship in the summer. This need was met, fulfilled and expectations exceeded by Andrew and his team. Very reasonably priced, comfortable bedrooms, cleaned near to perfection everyday, greeted in the morning to the smell of a wondrous breakfast and to this day the scrambled eggs are unrivalled. Andrew seeks to make your stay as comfortable as possible and appeared for accommodating in every way as I found myself returning home for the weekend and back for weekdays. If you need a place to stay in Darlington, short term or long term, look no further.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've been staying at the Balmoral every other month or so since October, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I've been visiting the university and nothing but nothing is too much trouble for Andrew and his girls. He's picked me up at the station, taken me to uni, picked me up from uni, taken me to restaurants. Today I had an exam and he emailed me a few days ago to ask me if there was anything special he could make for my breakfast to set me up for the day. Believe you me his regular breakfast is delicious and I would have been more than happy with that - but he made me and my colleague eggs benedict - and it was as good as I've had anywhere. What a really lovely touch
The rooms are spotless and very comfy (I've stayed in nearly all of them!). Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Balomoral.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa D
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed 3 nights here in May as I was racing at Croft circuit, 15 minutes away. The accommodation was modern, clean and spacious. The guest house also offers free fast wireless access and I'd highly recommend the delicious Full English breakfast!

What topped the experience for me was the outstanding customer service by Andrew, the owner of Balmoral Guest House. If there's anything you ever needed, he will get it for you, regardless of the time of day. He's always available at the end of the phone and was especially helpful to me when he took me to the the circuit in his own car after my car transporter broke down. A great guy and I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the small cottage at the back of the guest house.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo