“Greatest guest house ever”

Balmoral Guest House Darlington
Ranked #1 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Greatest guest house ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

My work takes me to different places around the UK, and I have stayed in various hotels, B&B's and I can't begin to describe the amazing impression this guest house has left me with. Firstly the rooms are spacious and very comfortable, breakfast in the morning is anytime you feel like it :) and last but not least the host (name is Andrew) is incredibly polite and will go to great lengths to make sure that his customers recieve nothing else but an amazing service (this includes pick up and drop off at the train station, laundry and so on, you get the idea,he is a nice guy). I highly recommend this place for short or long stay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Noyko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed in a beautifully converted building at Balmoral Guest House for 3 nights with some friends and from the moment we arrived we were well looked after and nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom and bathrooms were clean and comfortable, and we had delicious breakfasts.

2 Thank HARRIETC2013
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Firstly - a big thank you to Andrew and all of his staff for taking such excellent care of us during our stay.

Not only were we made extremely welcome, but Andrew drove us to the place we were having supper, our bags were carried, and he would have collected us from the train station if necessary!

All of the staff we delightful - and very happy to help.

We stayed in the 'cottage' at the back of the building, which was extremely comfortable, warm and had excellent showers!

Breakfast was delicious with a great choice and plenty of tea and coffee!

We were staying as a group on business but would have been happy to stay if we were on holiday too.

Thank you for making us so welcome!

Room Tip: We stayed in the new cottage at the back - delightful!
1 Thank BScott0912
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Recently, myself and a fellow student were sent to Darlington on placement at the hospital. We were recommended The Balmoral Guest House by one of the staff at the hospital and I'm glad they did!

From day one, Andrew went out of his way to make us feel as welcome as possible, us being completely new to the area. He picked us up from the coach stop and gave us a little tour of Darlington to help us get our bearings. He also dropped us off at the bus stop when we departed.

The room we stayed in was lovely. It was clean, a good size and warm! It had an ensuite, a double and single bed - which were extremely comfy - a sofa and plenty of storage space. The television in the room also came in handy.

Breakfast - this was possibly the best part of our stay. Being vegetarian, I know that options can sometimes be quite limited but Andrew was very accommodating. My fellow student had the full english breakfast every day and raved about it - 'cooked to perfection' were his exact words. I had scrambled egg most mornings and I can say it is possibly the nicest scrambled egg I've ever had. There was always a huge variety of options for breakfast, both cereals and cooked food, and Andrew cooked everything to specifications.

The Guest House itself has wifi and a guest kitchen, both of which we were very grateful for and made full use of.

Andrew and his staff are the nicest people, both friendly and polite. Every morning they would greet you with a smile and as if everything was ok.

I would highly recommend The Balmoral to anyone in the Darlington area, whether for work or pleasure, as Andrew will most certainly make you feel welcome.

2 Thank Victoria R
Radstock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My colleagues & I (we are also great friends) shared a wing at the Balmoral Guest House in Darlington.

We were warmly greeted by delightful owner Andrew & were made to feel very welcome indeed. The rooms were beautiful, clean & spacious. The beds were really comfortable & we slept like logs for the 3 nights we stayed. The power shower was really fantastic.

Breakfast served in the main part of this beautiful period guesthouse was generous, delicious, cooked perfectly to order by Andrew & served by his wonderfully attentive staff.

We felt totally pampered, they even gave us a treat for my birthday.

If you choose the Balmoral whether your stay is business, family or a holiday, you can be sure you will be made to feel special as you will be well cared for, your rooms are cleaned every day & your privacy respected totally.

We would definitely return the next time we go to Darlington.

Thanks to all of you for a wonderful stay, Sarah :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah V
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

First of all: Andrew is THE BEST HOST EVER!! The rest of the staff is as helpful as he is, and that makes your stay even better. You really feel like at home!

Andrew is the nicest person. He really takes care of his guests as much as he possibly can, and he will always try to help you if you need a lift (or even if you don't)

The rooms are fantastic, renovated and clean. And the shower is AMAZING!!!

Also, don't miss Andrew's breakfasts at least once!! :)

Really, if you have to come to Darlington for ANY reason, go to the Balmoral Guest House. No doubts!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NumaGD
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Had to go to Darlington for a funeral. Booked in at the Balmoral Guest House, Andrew was a fantastic host from start to finish, he picked me up from the station, offered me a lift into town (which I didn't need, but a lovely gesture), and cooked up a wonderful breakfast.
The room was warm, clean and cosy, I had an en-suite room in the main building and it was homely and comfortable, I had a very peaceful night's sleep.
Andrew was kind enough to let me keep the room until 12 as I wasn't meeting family until then as well as looking after my bags and making sure I had a key to access it later on.
Thanks to Andrew and your team at the Balmoral Guest House for making what was a difficult trip as pleasant for me as possible. This outstanding service really was appreciated. I'll be sure to visit again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo