“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I would recommend this Guest House to anyone travelling to Darlington. I usually stay in 4/5 star Hotels whilst away on business compliments of my Company. On this occasion I needed an unplanned nights stay and came across the Balmoral which was wonderful, clean and delightful hosts with nothing too much trouble. Will definately stay again... Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

A fantastic place to stay where we were made to feel very welcome by both Andrew, the owner, and his staff. Having arrived at midnight Andrew was at the front door to greet us and help with luggage to our rooms. We stayed in a lovely quiet ensuite room at the top of the house which was very comfortable and clean. We were welcomed to breakfast the following morning and both the food and choice given was very good. The Balmoral is very well located and is only about a 5-10 minute walk into town. Very good value for money and we will definitely be staying there again.
The hospitality and caring attitude by all at the Balmoral makes it a place well worth staying at!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lilly C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and myself spent 2 nights at the Balmoral guest house in May we were welcomed very warmly by Andrew and taken to our room it was a lovely room and the spacious and clean we were welcomed to breakfast by very pleasant staff and the breakfast was really good I would definitely stay again with no hesitation at all

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Balmoral !! Conveniently located just a few minutes walk from Darlington CBD, with ample local parking and representing excellent value for money. Stepping inside I was amazed by the layout, reminding me of the Tardis - so many rooms on different levels with so much atmosphere and class. I was fascinated by the china plates and had a lovely chat my host - Andrew, about them. My room was very cosy and quiet, just the way I like it. The food was outstanding, with a breakfast cooked to order and very pleasant ~ helpful service. If I am ever in Darlo in Business again, the Balmoral will be my priority choice....! Thankyou to Andrew and his Staff for such a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Just phone up to discuss your requirements, Andrew is very helpful and will sort you out !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Balmoral B&B in May for a wedding. The room in the converted coach house was clean and well appointed. Friendly staff and a great breakfast. Location close to Darlington centre - 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: The coach house is separtate from the main house and away from the main road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Balmoral the night before a wedding and on arrival which was late with two young children, we were greeted with a smile and very helpful service. Andrew also kindly offered me a lift to the local shops for some much needed supplies after a long drive! The room was spacious, clean and overall very comfortable and an even better breakfast. I would not hesitate visiting again and certainly recommend to anyone thinking of staying in Darlington. I received the best service and hospitality I have experienced for a long time and did not expect it for the price I was paying. It goes to show that this costs them nothing but gives their customers a great experience and the larger more expensive hotel chains should take note.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spent nearly 2 weeks at this excellent B and B in Darlington on a work recommendation. Andrew and Amy provided a five star service. My double ensuite was spotless, bedlinen pristine always and changed regularly. My bedroom and bed were extremely comfortable, was really relaxing and offered a peaceful night's sleep, with many tv channels and complimentary tea, coffee making facilities. The room was very tastefully decorated with plenty of storage if required. The house itself is really lovely a mixture of antique with a modern twist, very warm and comfortable. The daily breakfast provided very generous portions and a varied selection of foods. The full english was cooked to perfection every time and was very generous. Andrew and Amy were so welcoming, kind, accommodating and helpful, were always cheerful and willing to offer help, advice on the local areas of interest and transport etc. Free travel to and from the train station is a great bonus. A private guest kitchen offers food storage and microwave cooking facilities. This wonderful establishment provides a home from home. It is ideally located ideally just a few minutes walk from the town centre/ main supermarkets and only15 from the train station by foot if you chose to walk. I have stayed in many B and B's and this is the best that I have been lucky enough to encounter. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to visit Darlington and the surrounding areas. It is marvellous value for money and is the best one in Darlington from my knowledge and experience. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business