“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
London, England
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were a party of 5 guys on our way to a cycling holiday in the Dales.

Andrew and the team could not be more helpful.. we arrived from London quite late, but being the group we were, felt we had to pop out for a pint or too. Andrew not only recommended a bar, but drove us there.

Excellent breakfast.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My Daughter and I stayed here for two weeks and it became our home. Andrew could not have been more helpful and he made our time there so much easier for us both and gave us a choice of rooms. The service we received was excellent, our room was always clean and comfortable, breakfasts were great with an amazing choice of cooked and all the girls were very friendly too. As we were there for a longer term than most guests Andrew also provided a fridge in our room, and there is a guest's kitchen downstairs with a microwave, toaster, kettle, crockery & cutlery and fridge.
Nothing was ever too much trouble, even down to providing an apron for my Daughter's fancy dress. My Dad came up for a night too and was given a room in the 'cottage' - beautiful - modern to my big Victorian room in the main house.
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone and I know that my family will use the Balmoral again.
Thank you again to Andrew & the Girls for making our life so much easier at a very hard time for us both. :-)

Room Tip: The Annexe and Cottage rooms are at the back in the garden so very quiet. Room 9 is enormous and eve...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Samantha B
London
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at this lovely B&B late September for the weekend for a family wedding. We felt at home from the moment we arrived. We had 4 rooms here and all were very comfortable and cosy. Andrew & girls are always ready for you and always went the extra mile albeit calling the mechanic for our car and posting on an item we had left behind. Which we were extremely grateful for.

The breakfast was lovely and had a good choice and always extras available.

Being in the hotel business ourselves we know it is not always easy, but Andrew clearly loves what he does and makes it look effortless. We would recommend to stay without hesitation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the separate block at the back of the B&B - very quiet and highly recommended.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Connie89
Heswall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed recently with son and at the last minute minute another guest joined us, rang Andrew to arrange and he agreed with no problem at all, great breakfast at a very early hour, very accommodating, wonderful . :) Easy parking in road and overall very enjoyable stay. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynne F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the end of September and were wonderfully looked after.
The Balmoral is a fantastic house and rooms are impressive; well appointed, great beds and very clean and well kept.
Andrew and his staff were most attentive and nothing was too much trouble - I even left a book behind which he is keeping for me!
If you are an English breakfast fan, you must stay here because they are absolutely the BEST.
Will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent a week at the beginning of September on a training course at the Dogs Trust nr Darlington and stayed at Balmoral Guest House in the Balmoral Cottage annexe. I'd wondered how I would feel being away on my own (without my own dog!) for a whole week but my stay here was wonderful. My room was like home from home, so quiet and comfortable, and I slept like a log! Nothing was too much trouble for Andrew and his staff and breakfast was great. Can't recommend this little gem highly enough. Helen, Warwickshire

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Helen C
Rishton, lancashire
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Me and my daughter stayed here for the first time in August to see family who live in Darlington, we had a wonderful big, clean room, plenty big enough for a family, the rooms offer wi-fi and has a big tv with digital free view. We had a very warm welcome and a good nights sleep ( bed very comfy). The morning after we went for breakfast in a charming room where a choice of cereals, juice and tea's were on a table and a hot breakfast order was taken, the breakfast was excellent and big,,enjoyed our stay a lot thank you..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family