Harrowgate Hill Lodge
$57
$55
$78
$75
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
$111
$78
Hotels.com
Rockliffe Hall(Hurworth-on-Tees)
$263
Hotwire.com
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
$69
$55
TripAdvisor
All reviewswhite horsepub next doorkitchen areapub restaurantcheap hotelreasonable foodroom was clean tidytired and in needtea and coffee facilitieson arrivalseen better daysplenty of free parkingbit datednight's sleepdressing tabledouble roombusy road
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having stayed at the Harrowgate Hill Lodge a few times in the last 12 months it saddens me to read all the poor reviews.
Every stay we have had has been fantastic and we will continue to use the hotel every time we venture down to Darlington.
At £42.50 you cannot go wrong plus that comes with a complimentary continental breakfast served by a very pleasant lady.
The White Horse Pub is my fav type of food and we eat in there every time we stay.
Sorry to all the bad reviews but I WILL stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Having seen some of the reviews earlier I journeyed here with some trepidation and found it to be better than feared.It is located next door to the White Horse Pub but we did not find any issues with this. The location is certainly easy to find on one of the main access roads from the A1M. The road noise was not noticeable either and I am quite a light sleeper so would notice if it was the case. Good size car park with good access to the reception. The staff were friendly and helpful on one night we returned very late and the night receptionist was waiting with the door open for us as it was raining. The room was a little basic and the TV quite small but adequate. A large chest of drawers was certainly more than we needed for our things. my wife found the bed a little unforgiving but I did not have a problem with its firmness. Breakfast was basic tea or coffee, orange juice, corn flakes and toast but we were offered extra helpings of all if required. At this price I don't expect "The Ritz" and what I got was good value for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed last Saturday evening. Room clean and tidy, well equipped with tea and coffee. also plenty of towels and shower gels.

Friendly staff and breakfast more than satisfactory within the description the hotel gives. There was no portion control on the fruit juice, cereals and toast on offer.

I have no hesitation in recommending based upon my experience and if in this area and looking for value for money accommodation I would not hesitate to stay again.

Based upon my experience I really wonder what some of the negative views posted on here are really about!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The whole experience was a nightmare from the minute we walked in. Booked a double room for me and my girlfriend they had it down as a twin as there was an error on the website, the hotel receptionist was completely rude, uninterested and had no idea how to check the system. Further more despite the hotel having double rooms available she refused to change the booking to double or refund money, first she tried to charge us extra when it was the same cost on the site anyway for a twin or double, then said she never had the authority to change rooms despite being the only member of staff at the hotel at the time. We thought we would pull beds together the headboards we screwed into the wall so couldn't, ended up in separate beds. Shower and bath were covered in mold, materess's were the worst ever with rock hard springs digging into us. Walls paper thin you can hear other guests talking. Room phone was pointless as the wire had been cut off. The fire alarm went off waking us up because smoke alarm's are outside bathrooms so when another guest opened bathroom door steam set it off. To top it off the cleaner walked into the room at 9am whilst we were having an intimate moment.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank Beavis25
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Worth £20 per night, continental breakfast was cornflakes , toast , orange or apple juice!! Definitely not continental.......!
On arrival had to ask for towels.... And a loo roll..... The small kettle to make a brew .... I had to stand and hold it onto the connection for it to boil!
The pillows were like rolled up socks in a pillow case!
The bed side lamp was dented and wonky!
The fire alarm system went off every morning because of steam from the bathroom!! As the extractor fan was rubbish .....
We asked for a discount from the £42.95 for the rest of the week.... And got it reduced to £35! ! Still been robbed!

We are heading back to Darlington in November.... Cancelled that week and already booked the travel lodge! Opens 1st nov 2012

• Stayed: October 2012