“Just perfect!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband requested a michelin experience for his birthday, and being in the North East this was the closest option available. I am soooo glad that this was the closest option though! What made the experience so perfect was the relaxed yet impeccably professional service, the team made us feel chilled out from the moment we got out of the car! When I booked I had got a good feel for the place, as I am mostly veggie but have started eating fish they put together a tasting menu especially for me, it was fabulous. My husband got the full 7 course tasting menu, and practically drooled as course after course of beautiful - like what you'd see on T.V - food was brought out. The head waiter had an excellent knowledge of wine matching as well - we just left it to him to bring out dessert wines which would compliment our strawberries and cream dessert and it matched perfeclty - finally we 'get' dessert wine! A glass of saki to go with the 'posh mars bar' chocolate dessert was a surprising yet equally good comination.
I managed to book us in for a nights stay but as there are only two rooms you will have to book up to 3 months ahead for a saturday night, fridays are not too bad. Ideal if you want the magic to continue - michelin breakfast too - bonus!
We will definately be back to the Raby Hunt, a non-pretentious, family affair whose passion is fine food.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I don't know how we haven't heard of this place before! Imaginative cooking and friendly service. As good as other Michelin starred restaurants we have visited. Congratulations on an excellent tasting menu!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Delicious and highly original cuisine, very pleasant and effective service, modern and tasteful decor. A superb dining experience. One of our best dining experiences of 40 years in 5 continents!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife & I wanted to treat ourselves as a reward for a lot of hard work without a break over the last 4 weeks. Lunch at The Raby Hunt was just perfect. We could not have wished for anything better. The 3 course lunch was cooked to perfection, the service was very friendly, & never too intrusive - just the way we like it. If you are a lover of chocolate, the "chocolate bar" is an absolute must for dessert. You will not regret it! A real jewel of a restaurant, well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Given that we live not very far away , I`m slightly embarrassed that it has taken us so long to discover this quite exceptional restaurant . A great mixture of quite exceptional , beautifully cooked and presented food in a wonderfully relaxed and inviting setting . We were there this lunchtime and tried the lunch tasting menu . Welcoming and knowledgeable staff introduced the courses which were all presented beautifully . A great way to spend a Saturday lunchtime and an experience I hope to repeat many times over the coming months !

1  Thank Michael R