“Fanatastic taster menu”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

we have just enjoyed a lovely meal at Raby Hunt where the food, service and wine were wonderful. The food was excellent and the attention to detail was so exemplary that we were asked for feedback and said feedback was taken on board. We felt immediately welcome on arrival and would have no hesitation recommending Raby Hunt as we will certainly be returning. The scallops and lamb belly were devine. Thanks.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having been to the Raby Hunt several times over the past couple of years we finally decided to give the tasting menu a go.

It is lovely to see the restaurant doing so well and congratulations to all in achieving the michellin star. The food has been amazing from the first time we went up to last night the standard is great.

We had the seven course taster menu this time simply because we wanted everything on the menu and could not decide on a specific.

The attention to detail in taste texture and design was spectactular throughout.

The dish that stands out the most for me was the Wild hare. The crouton fillet of tartare with pear was sandwiched lovely and the flavours were very complimentary.

The smoked potato was the most confusing given its colour however the staff explained the technique to give the flavour which again simplicity at its best!

The chocolate with popcorn ice cream was the most surprising dish and the caramel in the centre ...WOW! I did slip up a little as my husband thought the popcorn was a nut until I told him which he was passing over to me until that point. Oh Well!

The staff were as attentive as ever and the confidence in explaining the dishes, the methods to achieve and the origins was very encouraging. The passion for great food is obviously filtering through.

It is lovely to share in the restaurants growth and development and we notice the various new ideas filtering through from the journeys that James is experiencing worldwide. The michellin star is simply raising awareness from a chef that is great before and after achieving it! On a selfish note the recognition has meant that we do need to consider booking a little further in advance but still worth it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Raby Hunt is a small and intimate restaurant. The staff friendly and welcoming. This was our first visit, it won't be our last.

We were planning on having the taster menu, but as the last two dishes were deserts, and being a recently diagnosed diabetic meant we skipped that and chose straight from the a la carte menu instead.

The staff were friendly and attentive, without being overly so. It's one of the most relaxing restaurants we've been too. The cheese board was great, but the enthusiasm for the cheese that the guy had who talked us through it was brilliant.

We want to go back and try different dishes that change with the seasons and with what's available locally.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I decided to treat myself and partner to a posh meal and wow it was well worth the cost. the food was of a very very high standard and had my taste buds tingling! The service was good and the restaurant itself lovely. You must give it a go!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had Lunch here on 5/01/2013. We had the tasting menu with Wine matching at £75.50 each

The staff were very professional and did a great job. Nothing too much trouble and did a fantastic job of describing each part of the meal and the wine that went with it.

The food was amazing and really delicious. I could not fault a thing.

This is only the 2nd Michelin starred restaurant I have been to,(the other being Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley) This one is defiantly the one I would come back to.

It is expensive but worth every penny. Highly recommend and I will be going back.

3  Thank David S