“new years banquet”

Eastern Bamboo
Ranked #39 of 288 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Long established small family run restaurant, attentive friendly service, dishes are prepare and cook from fresh ingredients. Selected regional Chinese dishes with lightly to hot spicy in taste.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have visited here on new years eve a few times and it just gets better each time,we had a banquet meal which had crisp wong tong,chicken&sweetcorn soup,crisp pork,spicey beef,fish in black been sauce,and chicken with young chow rice all of which was beautiful we finished off with a fruit platter with a few glasses of wine our bill came to £90 I would defiantly go back .

1  Thank nycneil

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Took my wife for a meal for our wedding anniversary it's the first time we have been and we really enjoyed it we pass this restaurant daily but never noticed it I ace across it by googling Chinese restaurants read the reviews and booked it glad we did the service was fantastic the food was fantastic the staff made us feel very welcome we will be booking again

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went here with a friend after receiving several recommendations. I cannot fault the whole experience, there were lots of staff at your beck & call who were extremely friendly and provided much needed advice on the dishes available. I must admit that on a Saturday evening I didn't expect to see so many children in the restaurant but can say that they were well behaved and appeared to be also enjoying their dinner. Food was delicious, I'll be going back some time very soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Well...What can I say, this place has been in Darlington for years, and unfortunately it shows.....
The service is excellent, I cannot fault it.
The Decor is poor
And I didn't find the food to be all that exciting, and very expensive
It's a shame, because the hosts are a great couple, but the place just needs that bit of oomphh!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

good chinese food done really well staff friendly and very helpful can be quite expensive though surroundings looking a little bit tired