“Gem of a place”
Review of Voodoo Cafe

Voodoo Cafe
Ranked #18 of 291 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great bar - lots of variety
Wonderful south american cuisine.

I would advise anyone looking for a nice friendly alternative dining experience to visit this place. Great food and menu options. Having been there several times now I would highly recommend.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went yesterday evening. The food and service and whole atmosphere is just great. We were particularly impressed by Callum who served us. Really excellent customer service skills.
We'll definately return, the canita was gorgeous .

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Many times I have walked past this Cafe and not thought about eating there.
Tonight that changed and my wife and I went in for the first time.
We were so so glad we did..A gem of a place,lovely atmosphere,friendly cheerful helpful staff and 1st class Mexican cuisine...
2 lovely substantial main courses,2,two delicious deserts and 4 drinks all for the princely price of £30.00.
I understand the Cafe has just picked up a well deserved national award.
Dont do what I have been doing for months and walk past....Go in and eat - I guarantee you will be highly delighted.....

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our first trip to Voodoo and we weren't disappointed. We had walked past many times and it always looked very quiet. As we discovered you have your order taken downstairs and then go upstairs to eat. It was certainly not quiet with a really nice atmosphere. The food was very good, I can recommend the Tex Mex Chilli and the house red went down a treat!

It's well worth a visit

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food here is outstanding. It's not the fanciest restaurant in the world, but it's full of character and it's the best mexican food we've tasted outside of California. They also do the most delicious cocktails, try the Margherita! They have a fantastic range of beers too. Friday and Saturday nights are great for the atmosphere, they only have a small kitchen so booking is advisable. This place is really all about the food and the yummy beer and cocktails.