“Food ok but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bengal Heritage

Bengal Heritage
Ranked #54 of 269 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bengal Heritage is recognized as the ultimate in luxury dining, established in 2007 in Darlington. We have attempted to recreate the ambience, atmosphere and the flavors of the Indian subcontinent that make a visit to Bengal Heritage so memorable. A visit to our restaurant will give you a glimpse of India and its rich cultures. The art of Indian cookery lies in the delicate nuances of spicing. In order to be able to satisfy all our patrons we offer different levels of spicing for almost all the items on our menu.Our knowledgeable staff will be pleased to familiarize you with the various levels of spicing and assist you in the selection of your dinner menu. With courteous and attentive service we will endeavor to make your food experience at Bengal Heritage a memorable one and leave you with a desire to come back again and again.
Darlington
“Food ok but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have to agree previous reviewer who commented that the food was nice but nothing to write home about.

After recently reading some continuous really positive reviews, we did try eating in with friends again in case we had previously mis judged the Bengal Hertitage as average.

However similar to our last experience the overall comments where good friendly and quick service but flavours in curries not up there when compared to other Indian restaurants we have tried both in and around the Darlingon area ....still deemed somewhere to go when comparing quality and flavour of meal.

That's not say all elements where the same,certain aspects scored better then others,not enough consistency to rate any higher.

One thing that was surprising and to some extent disappointing was that despite this being a Saturday when you would have expected the Bengal Heritage which is so highly rated on Trip advisor to be really busy it was very quiet...begs the question when do these diners who rave so consitently about it go ? Atmosphere was very subdued when not many people eating in,perhaps greatest trade is the takeaway side.

• Visited May 2013

“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Enjoyed & loved the atmosphere, liked the service a lot, infact the best cuisine in darlington. food was brilliant, i had the lamb tikka resala and it was really really nice, i also order takeaways from time to time on weekends, have to say IT IS THE BEST OF THE BEST.

Fully recommended

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Matty2Darlo
“Feel cheated by the previous reviews!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant with friends as it was rated as number 2 restaurant in Darlington? I was expecting something really out of this world but unfortunately it wasn't. It was "NICE" and the service was very good but number 2 in Darlington?? I was asked to put a review on trip advisor as we left?? I fully understand why it may be number 2 if the staff push people to make reviews! I feel cheated that I went and I think it makes a mockery of trip advisor!!

5 Thank heidiweir
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

A competetive experience of this restaurant is lovely.
Family enjoyed the meal, it's really enjoyable.

I had the Chicken Tikka Masalla, the taste is yummy and perfect.

Bill came to 75 - 80 for 4 people. It's a great value for money.

I'd really come back to this place.
I'm originally from Durham end but I'll alway's come here to eat whenever I fancy an Indian.

1 Thank Nicole2K13DurhamX
Cardiff
“My favourite curry house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Not living in Darlington, I'm worried when I return somewhere that food standards may have dropped, but the Bengal Heritage has always been top notch. The menu is quite standard for an Indian restaurant but they are more than willing to create a dish for you, but its the quality they have right. Seems a strange thing to say but you can tell all the food is freshly prepared. What also makes the place so good is the staff, they are friendly and give great customer service. You cannot fault the place, keep it going.

1 Thank Rhooseboy