“Downhill”

Ranked #78 of 280 Restaurants in Darlington
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been to Reema tens of times but was I think bettered by others in town eg Cafe Spice, the last time I went it was ok so tried it again and once again it's gone downhill, the meat I had could in no way be described as tikka chicken, tough and tasteless more like turkey-and a poor one at that, just because customers may have had a few drinks before the meal doesn't allow them to palm of cheap meat, a few of my friends have experienced poor takeaways recently, until I read some better reviews I won't be rushing back. Disappointing.

1  Thank jonnyboy67
There are newer reviews for Reema Contemporary

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We tested Reema to the limits as myself and 9 colleagues visited whilst staying in Darlington.
Nothing was too much trouble for them, very friendly and efficient service despite the numbers in our group.
Food was excellent, everyone had a great time. Would recommend.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We always enjoy an evening at Reema. This time 10 of us celebrated a birthday. Its a very small place so you need to book even if just for 2. It was fully booked with our table and another large party as well as regular couples tables, but the professional service and timing of dishes was spot on.

The staff at Reema are amongst the most pleasant you will ever meet, though some do not have much English, they are so friendly and work non-stop.

Great range of dishes, interesting variations such as venison. I am veggie and their sag aloo is my favourite. We had a great range of dishes being 10 of us and everyone enjoyed them. Even though we slightly over ordered there was hardly a spoonful left in bowls!

It may be slightly more expensive than other 'curry houses' in Darlington but the better surroundings, linen and service make it well worthwhile and good value in my opinion.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We love to travel and we love Indian food! This Indian restaurant in the small town of Darlington is such a wonderful surprise and one of our favorites. Whenever we're in in Darlington, this is on our 'must visit' list. From the starters to the nan to the rice dishes and fabulous entrees, whatever we order, we're always very pleased. Unfortunately, we've never been able to save room for dessert. Wish this restaurant was in the States!!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was very impressed with this restaurant which we visited on a Wednesday evening. The service was excellent and two charming young waiters served our meals. They were smart, polite and attentive. I ordered lamb balti which was extremely tender with not a scrap of fat on it. The garlic nan bread was to die for and we even received free popadums and dips. The restaurant was clean and welcoming with pleasant background music, service quick but not hurried and at £23 for the two of us including diet cokes we were very satisfied. I really liked this restaurant as it was small and friendly and the food was delicious. Highly recommended!