“Deary me”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Akbar Dynasty

Akbar Dynasty
Ranked #15 of 269 Restaurants in Darlington
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Deary me”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

1:40 min wait for meal - unbelievable. Shouldn't have stayed really, but at 1 hr in was told it'd be "ten minutes". Seriously flawed model of customer service. No tip. Will never be back.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank K H

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - great food and very friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I have been to this restaurant many times now and this is because of the great food and fantastic service. We have never been disappointed by the food and the service is something you would get out of a 5* restaurant. We always walk out of the restaurant with a smile on our faces because we are always made so welcome. We both have high standards and this place exceeds this.

• Visited April 2014
england
“Excellent food served with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Today was our first visit to the restaurant as a treat from my daughter there where 3 of us
First impressions is its in the middle of nowhere and buzy so they are doing something right
We went in and gave our name we were seated within 10 minutes with drinks
We had poppadoms and some dips to start with
Which were realy nice followed by a shared plater what was realy nice and plenty of it
Our main meals came and we weren't disappointed we enjoyed it all but there was a bit to much for me the nann bread was lovely
The staff were fantastic polite happy and helpfull
Drinks were reasonably priced
All in all I would recommend this place and will be returning
B hodgson

• Visited March 2014
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Two sittings, 6pm or 8.30 pm - not very convenient!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

When I rang to make a reservation, I thought it was inconvenient that the restaurant only has two sittings at 6pm or 8.30pm and for us 6pm was too early and 8.30pm too late for an evening meal however I made a reservation for 6pm. I visited with my partner for his birthday and we were seated at a two seated table next to a table of 10, very close as each time the waiters passed our table was knocked which was quite annoying. When we sat down, it took approximately 20 minutes for a member of staff to approach our table to even take our drinks order. I found my curry to be quite bland and did not have much flavour. I felt the restaurant was quite cramped and the abandoned petrol station opposite does not do the restaurant justice. Compared to Akbars restaurant in Middlesbrough, I would return to the one in Middlesbrough as it has a good atmosphere and the staff are very attentive!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Beth P
“Great Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I return here time and time again as the service is always very welcoming and the food never disappoints.

• Visited January 2014