“A place you must go to eat”
Review of Akbar Dynasty

Akbar Dynasty
Ranked #14 of 280 Restaurants in Darlington
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Absulutely the best Indian cuisine I have experienced. Contempary clean and calm atmosphere.
We will return soon. An unasumming place set back off the A66. The service was perfect. Open seven nights a week however it also states daytime hours of 12 till 3. This is not so therefore we informed them about the website in order that it could be changed. We had a great evening and it was busy. Speaks for itself really once word gets out everyone wants to go.Many a restaruant would like to be full mid week as they were. It's also affordable we couldn't believe how much we got for so little money . Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank mackDarlington
There are newer reviews for Akbar Dynasty

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This place has got to be the best Indian in the North East. The food is a pure delight and tastes devine. The staff can not do enough for you and the manager really cares about all his customers. Top marks. Keep up the good work...

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Visited last night with 2 friends, after driving 39 miles to get there. The reason I don't mind driving all that way is quite simple. The food is AMAZING. Not only that,the staff are friendly, polite, and the place itself is looking divine after its makeover.
Reading some of the other reviews, it seems a big issue is the length of time people take to be served. We must lead such busy lives, that we can't slow down for the evening in case something drastic may happen. Why rush, when you can savour the atmosphere and experience fully the culinary delights the skillful chefs prepare? I bet nobody rushed Da Vinci as he painted the Mona Lisa. Let me think about this *scratches head* Eureka, I have it! Why, if people want fast food, don't they go to a fast food joint????? There is a nice drive through establishment nearer Darlington, serving up a fabulous array of burgers and chips. Personally I think it is slightly insulting to the chef to expect him to just slap the meals down willy nilly at break neck speed. I can tell that the guys here love their work, it is not merely a job, it's a passion, and I can taste that in every mouthwatering morsel.
Every aspect of this restaurant has been covered, and I am sure that if they may forget something, you would only have to ask, and it would be done. Give the guys a break, they are not mind readers, just a friendly group who are eager to please, and every single time I have visited here, neither myself, nor my friends, nave been disappointed. These guys DO go the extra mile, and ok, maybe sometimes they may be busy, or get things wrong, so tell them, and give them a chance to put it right, I am sure they don't bite.
Guys, you run an amazing restaurant, and Iwould like to say a big thank you for always making us most welcome.
PS. Thank you so much for the gulab jamun, they were delicious :-)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked table for 6.30, for 6 people, we arrived at 6.20. Seated fine and immediately ordered drinks which arrived quite quick. Waited 20 mins to be asked if we wanted pickle tray etc, waited 20 mins for that to arrive which was very pricey, when eventually it arrived, 1 pickle tray was to feed 6 people!!! Focus seemed to be for drinks as was asked continuously, ordered main meal which arrived 45 mins later after order placed. 2 plate Warmers for 6 people meaning 1 couple did without. Rice on plate??? Chips frozen and reheated, disgusting!!!! Visited after recommendations, certainly won't visit again!!!

1  Thank Tissle17
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Went to Akbars with another couple for curry evening. Very friendly and excellent service, although a bit crowded staff were still very attentive, food was a bit slow in coming but being freshly cooked was worth the wait, one of the best I have had for a long time and will definitely be going back again. Well done Akbar Dynasty.