“Best Indian food ever”

Ranked #14 of 281 Restaurants in Darlington
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great food, great friendly avid, freshly cooked food, we all enjoyed it, especially the children as it was there first time there. Thank you we will be back very soon.

1  Thank Paul G
There are newer reviews for Akbar Dynasty

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have been a few times. Excellent food. Very busy as it is very popular but this is not a place to go to for fast food. Quality food, well prepared. Spicy but not stupidly hot as this is a place where spicy tasty food is served. Their Akbar special is recommended. As are the naan breads which are just right.

1  Thank DG016
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Visited on a sunday night and the restaurant was reasonably busy. On the positive side, the food was superb. We had starters, main courses and side dishes and they were all very tasty, nicely spiced and good portion sizes. Bill of around 50 quid for what we had was very fair. Only negative was the service was a little slow although it didn't matter too much as we were in no hurry. The only other point I'd make is it would be nice to have a sign telling you its coming. We shot past it at 60 miles an hour as its set back from the road is obviously a converted little chef. This meant we had to drive up and down the bypass to come back past it!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have visited this jewel on a number of occasions, and can honestly say, this is one of the best, if not THE best Indian restaurant in the area. Yes, it is a bit off the beaten track for me, but I would happily travel even further to sample food that tastes this divine.
I adore quirky places, and what could be more unusual, than knowing that this place used to be a little chef. The interior is pretty much on a par with other restaurants of this ilk, and I would advise booking, as this place gets busy. We have however just turned up, and the staff have managed to accommodate us. Believe me, it is worth the wait.
The menu is quite extensive, with traditional fayre available, alongside more contemporary, fusion type dishes. There really is something for everyone. I could very easily munch my way through the whole menu, as they all sound gorgeous. I have never been let down by a single meal here, and am amazed by the subtle use of spices, blended expertly.to produce dishes of superior quality.
The staff are amazing too; friendly, polite, and knowledgeable without being over the top. Other Indian restaurants maybe have good service, but the food lets them down, ot vice versa, but this lovely place just ticks all the boxes, and gets it right every time. I think the prices are very fair for the quality of the food, and it is not over priced at all.
I would urge anyone to give it a try, as it really is a hidden gem, amongst a beach of pebbles. Well done, and keep it up :):):):)

1  Thank stottyCoDurham
Reviewed August 9, 2013

If ever you want an Indian meal that is gorgeous then this is the place to go.

I used to enjoy Indian food at Cafe Indigo and also at the Raj Baji but this place beats them all. The food is a bit more expensive but the taste!!! I can only cope with very mild curries and their Chicken Pasanda is gorgeous and the rest of the meals were great. Empty plate all round. What more can I say. Gorgeous!!!

1  Thank Carol G