“Good views and atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Shore - CLOSED

Cafe Shore
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited here recently for a friends' birthday and we had a lovely time. The service was pretty bad but it was really busy so we gave them the benefit of the doubt. A great table and a lovely view despite it being night time, and altogether a good atmosphere. While I wasn't overly impressed with the food for my choice of menu (risotto which had just been plonked on the plate! And linguine) , my friends all raved about theirs (prawns, moules, sea bass). Would go again though.

CafeShore, Manager at Cafe Shore, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear you had a nice evening.

If you could please contact me at the restaurant on 01202 707271 to go into further detail about the service and quality of the food you chose it would be very much appreciated. The standard of service should not be compromised by how busy we are, however I appreciate you being understanding!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This looks quite ordinary from the outside but your opinion changes once you step inside.
Chic decor, fabulous cocktails and a tasty bar menu awaits. After my 3rd visit i realised there was a dining room upstairs with fantastic sea views.

Please make sure you come back soon and dine with us up in the Waterfront Restaurant!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My daughter took us out for Mothers Day Lunch, she booked the table for 3pm, we arrived at 3pm to be told by the waiter that the booth she had ordered was not available, however the Restaurant Manager sorted it out and we managed to get the booth eventually. Our food was pretty poor Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, not very hot. We spent over £300 for 4 people. You are charged 12 1/2% service charge. We did go there 2 years ago and it was excellent, we shall not be returning

1  Thank 915Jennifer2011
CafeShore, Manager at Cafe Shore, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

It is a company policy here not to guarantee any tables, purely for the reasons above. We understand that people will make certain requests and we will always do out best to endeavour them. On the day I did do my very best to rearrange things to get you a more desirable table.

The Mother Day deal that we ran this year was £32.50 for 3 courses, so if you have any queries about you bill please contact me at the restaurant.

I do wish you had mentioned something to me on Sunday about your Roast Beef, as I would have been more than happy to replace them for you.

All restaurant tables have a 12.5% service charge added, which is discretionary and stated on all menus.

I do hope that this experience wont put you off coming back, as you were a lovely table to serve on Sunday and we enjoyed having you here.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We didn't believe it and we were not wrong, but the food was excellent, at over twice the price! You could do it if you only drank tap water and didn't want any vegetables!
The menu presented was terribly unbalanced --- Two fish dishes and one vegetarian. Our first thought was to say thanks, but No thanks and leave, but when we commented on the lack of a meat option, we were offered the butcher's choice of the day, which turned out to be deliciously cooked and presented lamb cutlets. My wife's hake was apparently equally delicious. What left us feeling less than ecstatic, was the charge for 'sides' e.g. Mashed potato @£3 50 and peas at a similar price!
We expected to pay for what is fairly special experience, and it was, but why advertise something that at the end of the day was at best a con

I am pleased to hear that the meal you had was enjoyed by all. We pride ourselves on being as flexible as we can here, and substituting the Butchers Cut of the day on this occasion goes to show that point.

The '2 can dine for £30.00' offer that we are running is a very popular choice for people, and as you said it can be done. However we would always recommend to people that order a side dish with their meals, which is an extra cost but will enhance the food!

I am sorry that you feel this is a "con", but please don't let it put you off coming back to Cafe Shore.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Poor menu very expensive food not good not offered the lunch time special menu wouldn't go again same view is lovely

1  Thank vickytonyphillips

This is a very concerning review for us. We are very proud of our menu here at Cafe Shore, however if you could contact me personally at the restaurant on 01202 707271 or enquiries@cafeshore.co.uk to go into further detail about your experience it would be greatly appreciated.