“Superb Wedding reception 27th October 2012-'Cafe Shore at its Best'”
Review of Cafe Shore - CLOSED

Cafe Shore
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wow wow and wow best describes the reception that Cafe Shore provided for Mark and Susie Heffers wedding.From start to finish the whole day was absolutely superb.The food and service were sublime and the renouned backdrop of this lovely sandbanks restaurant was truly the icing on the cake.
We were over a hundred guests in total with the top table in the majestic coved area,which worked a treat.
Into the evening with a live band and dancing and firewroks watched from the panoramic windows of C.Shore.
Perfect day-Thank you Cafe Shore xx

Reviewed October 11, 2012

When you look at this restaurant from the out side you do not realise how big the inside is, there is a large very comfortable lounge bar as you enter, followed by the stylish restaurant. You want to try and get a window table the views are excellent. The food is very good, the steak is excellent and worth a try. The staff were very friendly, although the service was a bit slow at times.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went with my partner, in-laws, and 2 children. The restaurant is wonderfully decked out with a nice bar area to sit in before/after dinner should you wish. It has a great atmosphere and even with two (well-behaved) children we didn't feel out of place. It was my first visit however some of my fellow diners had been before. The staff gave us a great table and were attentive throughout. Its not as expensive as it looks and I'd thoroughly recommend the 18oz steak!

I've seen some bad reviews regards service...I totally didn't experience that - the restaurant was busy (Sat night) and yet we felt very much looked after.

Definitely worth a visit and I'll be back there when next in Dorset visiting family.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I wouldn't normally write a negative review but I feel it is important that the owner gets some feedback.

As a local resident and someone who has very much enjoyed previous experiences at Cafe Shore - especially some of the tribute nights i feel very disappointed by my last visit.

The food as always was good, however we had lots of problems from start to finish - orders not taken in time - order not going through to kitchen - food missing etc
this again wasn't the problem, it was the service. We couldn't really identify who our actual server was, on previous visits the smiley/chatty maitre de would seat us, tell us the cocktail of the evening and then send our waiter over to take our order, we loved it, the excellent service made the prices worth paying.
This time we were marched over to our table by a new & very pretentious maitre de, she hardly said a word, just kept flicking her very long hair, she didn't tell us anything and when we asked she said your waitress will be over shortly very curtly and almost with an air of arrogance that she was to high to take orders!
No one came over to ask if all was ok, the waitress (natasha?) kept trying her best and in the end we did feel sorry for her as there was no support. She said she'd speak to her manager (Long haired stuck up girl!) which she did in front of us, "manageress" simply rolled her eyes - didn't come and see us and the waitress said i'm sorry but you ate all the food so my manager says she can't give a discount!
Yes we did eat the food - it was DELICIOUS- but we would have liked an acknowledgment of the problems we had, we did not want a discount we wanted a manager to come over and just acknowledge the problems. we are not stupid, we know sometimes things go wrong.
It is so sad as now i have been put off booking again, we would normally have our christmas party at cafe shore but I think until they sort out the staffing problems we will book somewhere else.
I totally agree with the other reviews on here about service and I hope the owner takes note!

1  Thank sally r
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Fantastic location, chic décor (although looking tired now), ok food for the price, nothing to get excited about though (Don't have the chicken main course as it is totally tasteless). The service however is shocking in the restaurant, lets the whole establishment down, they seriously need to get a new manager in and do some re-training! The waitresses walk around like they own the place with a very stuck up attitude and make you feel like you are putting them out, not acceptable and management should not allow it, the 10% service charge automatically put on your bill is an insult!